Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Very slow loading of playlists

Very slow loading of playlists

A problem that appears to have been getting worse over release cycles is the inordinate amount of time that Spotify takes to load up my playlists on my mobile phone. Pretty much all my playlists are sync'd to the device anyway so why does Spotify sit and just give me a spinning green circle when I get in the car and want to select a different playlist? Even when I'm sat at home on my fibre broadband connection it takes ages at each level of my playlist layout. If I put the device into flight mode or put the Spotify app into offline mode then the problm goes away entirely so it's clearly doing something online every time I go into my listings. Whatever it is that it's doing it takes an unacceptable amount of time to do it even over a high speed connection and it clearly doesn't actually need to do it anyway! Nobody wants to have to sit and wait 5 minutes to select a playlist to put on....
4 Replies

Have you tried to reinstall app?

I have a number of times and it makes no difference at all, which is actually a good thing. If reinstalling did fix it then that suggests there's a bigger issue buried somewhere in the code.

Since it started loading my playlists I found this thread, logged in and typed this reply. It's still loading...

I too have this issue. Is anyone aware of a solution other than turning on airplane mode? It happens to me most when I have a slow internet connection, but it really shouldn't matter considering the playlist is available offline. 

Suggested posts