Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

This must be a new thing because I've never seen videos when a song plays before.  The song I first noticed it on was specifically "Unkown Mortal Orchestra - American Guilt."  When the song came on, my screen just went blank, lights for buttons turned off.. pressing buttons did nothing. After a bit the screen flickered back on.. Spotify was minimized and blank. Tried a few more times with same results. At some point I pushed the screen to the side into multi-screen mode and thats when I saw there was a video.. more like a gif, going along with the song. A few other songs on the album have little animated images that play along with the song. Kind of cool except for the fact that in full screen it just crashes the app.  Another song I noticed this on was Maribou State - Turnmills.

2 Replies

Hey @vyvexthorne, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with this. What OS and Spotify version are you running? Did this start happening after a recent app update?

If you haven't already tried, go ahead and do a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

After playing around with the app I figured out that it works if the tablet is in portrait mode but crashes when in landscape mode.  Obviously only happens if screen is on.  Uninstalling / Reinstalling app didn't fix it.

0S version (Nougat) Android 7

Spotify version 8.4.61.683 armV7

Suggested posts