Premium

Country

New Zeland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Playlist videos work fine when I have my headphones plugged into my device or I'm listening via the devices inbuilt speaker. However when I am connected to my car stereo via Bluetooth the videos do not display. Sound works fine but no video just a progress bar right at bottom of screen. Rest of screen is blank. If I disconnect from Bluetooth the video will play fine. 

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Videos do not play when connected to Bluetooth

Roadie

Hi @MartinNZ! Welcome to our Spotify Community.

Right now, is not possible to watch the videos in the Spotify app while you're connected through Bluetooth. Here you can check everything you can do with the videos: https://support.spotify.com/article/videos/. Let us know if you have more questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

Highlighted

Regular

Thats good to know, but why. Bluetooth only supports audio so there should be a way to view video on the device doing the streaming. Seems a bit silly to not support it.

When will this be addressed.

Highlighted

Visitor
That needs to be changed immediately. Many Spotify subscribers utilize blue tooth devices to enhance audio quality. Not supporting video while connected to audio devices limits users in ways that I find to be unacceptable. I'm aware of the safety feature while driving, but for users who aren't driving this feature should be available.
Highlighted

Hey there @1226721531,

Thank you for your post and for your feedback.

We're always testing things to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify on your Apple Watch like you wish to do at the moment.

We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

In the meantime, you can create an idea and so that people can vote on your idea.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS