NEXT STEP

View blocked music/artists

View blocked music/artists

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have an issue. My 2-years old son was playing with phone few days ago and I can see now that some songs and artists are blocked or missing. Can I see full blocklist somehow or reset it completely? Or my account was ruined?

7 Replies

I can find all my blocked songs and artists in my library, at the very bottom of all my playlists. 

I can't find anything except my playlists. Could it be enabled somewhere?

Hey @pockettanker,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like you to know that Spotify runs tests called A/B tests which results in some features showing up on your installation but not on your friends phone. The situation here is connected to these tests.

Below or above this response, there is a user which mentioned they can access blocked content via their playlists screen, though I can access this same exact screen via the Artists section, below my followed artists.

You can find your blocked content including blocked artists and songs under the Artists tab in your Library section, below your following artists.

Please let me know when your issue gets solved or have any kinds of questions.

Cheers,

Arda.

Sorry for delay, I have checked all tabs: Playlists, Artists and Albums, none of them has blocked content list.

It seems this feature does not make it to the premium membership version of the app (kinda backwards from the usual problem), so if you have a Spotify Premium membership, you can't view the hidden archive.

Source: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Music-Hidden-songs-folder-for-Premi... (which sadly became an inactive "idea" because not many people seem to know it's a missing feature).

I had it before on My Library and now I don't.
I think it's a bug not to have the ability to see all blocked content.
I can accept to see it only on desktop site/app.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this on the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

While there currently isn't a list view of all blocked artists after the redesign of Your Library on iOS and Android, you can still identify which artists are blocked on their respective profile pages in the mobile app.

Other users have also suggested that it would be a good idea to have the blocked content visible in a folder in Your Library, however it didn't gather enough votes to advance this request to the developers at this time. If this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future, we suggest you add your vote and comments to the idea here, and once it picks up the necessary votes it will be officially reviewed internally.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback reaches Spotify here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts