Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

View playlists etc. via Bluetooth in my car

View playlists etc. via Bluetooth in my car

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

While listening to Google Play Music via Bluetooth in my car, I can browse my library, select tracks and view all songs in the current playlist via my car's infotainment system (BMW iDrive).

Spotify via Bluetooth only displays the current song in the playlist section for me + I cannot browse my library.

Why is that so?

Does Spotify not support advanced Bluetooth features or is it my phone's fault?

Please note I am not talking about the BMW Connected Spotify app, but about connecting my Android phone via Bluetooth audio to my vehicle.

5 Replies

I am experiencing the same issue in my 2019 Honda. Any idea?

I wonder why Spotify is always so behind in terms of technology. I like it because of their catalog and low price, but Chromecast support sucks, they deleted native apps from many smart tvs, and now this.

This feature has been requested since 2018. How much effort can it take to implement this, or at least reply saying you'll add it to your backlog, even if it's a lie? I'm honestly considering other options such as YouTube or Google music. I had it standing by you guys, you don't seem to care about your customers.

Did you ever figure out a fix? 

2016 Miata MX-5/Galaxy S7 Edge/Android v8/AVRCP v1.6
I have scoured the Internet for answers and none to be found...YET!

Hey everybody,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Currently there isn't a way to view your entire library in car view, however we're always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts