Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vizio smart TV

Solved!

Vizio smart TV

I haveva smart TV and everyime i want to connect my I-phone to "other devices" my vizio TV doesnt show up. I want it to because ivwould like to chose songs, albums and other options that only appear on my phone/laptop. All that shows on the TV verson Of spotify doesnt look or have the same options that my phone/laptop have. I was hoping if I could connetmy TV via off my phone I could.
Yet it seems impossible.
When the "connect other devices " shows at the bottom of the "songplaying" page my TV is never an option to pair.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm afraid the Smart TV app runs independently within the hardware of the TV and cannot be controlled via Spotify Connect.

Hopefully one day all Spotify players will be able to be controlled with the Smartphone.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm afraid the Smart TV app runs independently within the hardware of the TV and cannot be controlled via Spotify Connect.

Hopefully one day all Spotify players will be able to be controlled with the Smartphone.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Wtf, total bull**bleep**. That's one of the main reasons I bought this darn tv, only.to find out the same app one two diff devices doesn't speak the same language....??!? **bleep**ty.... just **bleep**ty

I have a Vizio smart TV and it will not show all the same thing's or work like it does on my phone

Hey!
We purchased this tv and got the Spotify app set up just find with username and all that comes with premium account. Everything worked great and then all of a sudden when I click on "inbox" it freezes. Have to exit and reopen app, also none of my playlists are there. Even when I try adding a song to a playlist nothing shows as in playlist options , it's just empty. Super frustrating since listen on my tv is a must and it worked before! Not sure what to do. Tried resetting everything, logging out and in again. Removing the app and putting it back. Accessing playlists on other devices. Etc. would appreciate any help on this or may just cancel my premium subscription.

I'm having this exactly issue . Following to see if theyre is a response

Hopefully there is because it's very discouraging not being able to play
music at home, especially since I'm paying for premium.

Totally in the same boat. Once, I logged completely out of Spotify on the TV and then logged back in and it worked. But now, that's not even working. Very frustrating. 

Same thing! Following..

The Spotify App on my Vizio TV is not showing my Playlists and my login ID is no longer my name, just a ID number. Also when I click on Inbox it freezes and I have to shut my TV off. I even removed my account and logged back in and still nothing. Not sure what's going on.

It should work my Vizio was able to cast Spotify from my phone, but now it can't??

Same here!!!! A downer for Spotify Premium users and options seem to be running out instead of getting fixed out of Customer Appreciation! Help!!!!!

Bfunken

Suggested posts