Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Voice control on Android

Voice control on Android

Ride a motorcycle and would like to be able to change songs etc by voice control over bluetooth. Spotify will start playing a track of my choice when I start up, but if I request a new track "play xxx by xxx in Spotify" I get the Android voice acknowledgement but the current track keeps playing.

It works occasionally, but mostly just does nothing. Experimenting, I can occasionally get it to switch tracks after giving a null command to google (i.e. press to talk, say nothing, then it finishes, then Spotify plays the next track) or by telling Spotify to "stop music", and it then starts the new track. Very inconsistent though.

Recently switched from Google Play Music All Access which worked perfectly. Will switch back if can't get this 100% operational in the next 30 days (premium trial period).

Any out there any help?

Luke

29 Replies

If you didn't set up the google voice command "Ok, Google!" to your own voice, try doing so.

If it doesn't work, I had this issue from having a low-quality wire on my earplug or no microphone on the headset.

To solve the issue, I bought a cheap bluetooth headset with no microphone. I don't have a lot of time on the battery use, but it works without bluetooth plugged to the phone with a wire 1/8 "jack" (regular headphone's size of plug).

For the plug, I got a good-quality wire for the headset (it has a microphone onto it, "ubeat headset wires" on internet). Since it is made for the microphone to work, it can be used when calling.
20170702_140725~3.jpg

Same issue. Have premium and handsfree is essentially useless in a car if i have to pick up, unlock, and press play on my phone.

Having the same problem using a Moto G4 play, even when I disable the voice command feature Google constantly hijacks my Spotify and stops songs. It is really really frustrating.
It always asks me about using voice with a wired headset which I am not even using!
Screenshot_20170716-132927.png

I can confirm that "ok Google play x on Spotify" is totally useless at the moment on Samsung S8 Android 7.0.

If I ask for a specific song it works only after unlock the device, so not hands free at all.

If I ask for artist won't autoplay even with device unlocked.

I listen to music at 90% while driving, this is a must have feature and I think I need to go back to Play Music...

I've tested the 2 third part apps suggest in this discussion but both can't catch the Bluetooth voice command.

This. It's taken me almost an hour to even find a post about this.

The top result is always an exact match for what I want to play, but for some reason the playback starts with the random songs.
Why would the Top Result not be what gets played? How does that make sense?

I just want to play some song randomly from my library but I don't see any tp do it by voice... I actually can't find any way to play anything even if I say the name of the song. I only get a search result... I even thought that his was a premium feature but now I see that's just lazyness from them to fix the isse. They might just be taking their users for granted.

^ exactly my experience. On 3 different smartphones I've tried. With several different Bluetooth headsets. 

Spotify - at least talk to us about what's going on here, please.

I can't stand Google play but it has to be my new one . Leaving spotty after this horrible lack of customer feedback response 

Standard Spotify customer service isn't it? Take money, ignore users.

Waited for six months, now I'm back to Google Play and in-car experience is simply perfect.

Bye bye Spotify, luckily never did a smash until now and I will not take the risk in future!

Suggested posts