Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume control is getting stuck with time (Spotify connect)

Volume control is getting stuck with time (Spotify connect)

Mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016)
Android: 6.0.1
Spotify: 6.3.0.882

1. Play something through Spotify connect to some speaker which support Spotify connect
2. Use volume buttons on mobile phone for volume control: it's possible to increase and decrease volume level

As result with time, volume control gets stuck at some volume level. Pressing volume buttons only causes volume menu to be shown, but it doesn't have any effect on volume level and the volume slider is not moving.

Note 1: this behavior is not specific for one speaker. I have reproduced it for two speakers from different producers.

Note 2: even going to the list of devices and trying change a volume there doesn't have any effect.

Note 3: last time I have reproduced the issue: I kept playing one album and turned the screen off, then when playback had been finished, I took the phone and pressed "play" again (the same album, it was open on the screen) and immediately started changing a volume - but it got stuck.

3 Replies

Hey, have you tried reinstalling spotify as described here?

Hi

Thanks for the advice.

Today I have tried to re-install the app following the procedure, but the issue is still reproducible (using my steps in Note 3).

Not something I've come across before. I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts