Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume goes max when skipping or ffwd-ing through songs with EQ on

Volume goes max when skipping or ffwd-ing through songs with EQ on

I am using V 0.5..11.4 (0.7.1.582.g77685925) on a Galaxy Nexus phone with Android 4.2.1. I have downloaded some playlists with "extreme quality" setting. 

When I have the EQ/Audio Effects switched on (no matter which profile I use) and ffwd through a song, the volume goes up to the max for a split of a second when the song starts again. The same applies when I skip songs. This has clearly something to do with the EQ because it does not pitch up the volume when I am not using the it.

Thx, Frank

11 Replies

I'm having the same issue, also With the Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.2.1.) I'm using the newer V. 0.5.12.52, still the same bug 😞

Exact same issue with my Nexus 4 (JB 4.2.2). Makes EQ unusable as it almost breaks my ears everytime fast forwarding or skipping track.

Using 0.5.13.63

I have the same problem please fix it i am scared of my headphones

You'll be pleased to learn that we've got a fix for this issue, and it will be released in a future version. I can't say exactly when, as we have a few more urgent bugs which need to be fixed first, but keep your eyes open for updates!

Still or again got this problem 2 years later

Any idea which "future release" this fix is going to be in? It's been 3 years. Technically it is still the "future", but this is pretty ridiculous.

It's 2017 and it hasn't been resolved.

Also still having this problem.... Please fix it!

Hi,

Please could you provide an update on this bug? This issue is greatly impacting users' listening experience - particularly on Google devices. 

Also, noticing that recent updates have made the overall max volume lower when EQ is applied - is this the aforementioned solution? (Because this has arguably resulted in another issue - max volume is too low).

Running Spotify 8.4.22.857 on Pixel device w/ Android 8.0. 

Looking forward to your reply - thanks for an otherwise great product. 

I owned an android phone 3-4 years ago and this was a major problem, I can't believe it's still an issue now that I've gone back to android. There's a massive difference in sound when the EQ is on, so without having it on I would always need a third party app.

Suggested posts