Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume locked to 100% or mute irrespective of media volume

Solved!

Volume locked to 100% or mute irrespective of media volume

This issue appears to be exclusive to the Spotify app -- system sounds, the basic Samsung music app and YouTube all properly adjust the volume. I have tried two clean installs with no success, and have taken care to also remove / disable all equalisers that might impact Spotify.

I'm running the app on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) with a custom ROM port of the Note 7's 6.0.1 Android firmware. I have a premium account and the app works perfectly fine on my PCs and my old HTC One.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Spotify doesn't support custom ROMs so it's probably best to seek support from the custom ROM developer. You can contact spotify direct here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. Spotify doesn't support custom ROMs so it's probably best to seek support from the custom ROM developer. You can contact spotify direct here.

Sorry, I realise that of course -- I was merely asking because I saw at least two other threads on these forums having similar issues with no mention of custom ROMs and no working solutions, either. Given that only the Spotify client seems to be affected and Samsung software recognises my OS as the Note 7 version of 6.0.1, I've contacted Spotify support, but I will also be contacting the ROM's authors. Thanks!

Edit: oops, I'm an idiot. There's a fix right there in the ROM's download thread. I've flashed it and it's working fine now (despite the occasional error message from SoundAlive). Marking this as solved.

Suggested posts