Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

Xiaomi POCO X3 NFC

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

The volume over Bluetooth on Spotify is low as compared to other music streaming platforms or even the default music player on my phone. The max volume on my car is 45 and while I am streaming music on Spotify, I can hold a conversation with another person without raising my voice at 42.

The reason why I'm so sure that it's an app bug is that sometimes when I immediately connect the Bluetooth and play music on Spotify, my phone lags a bit for a second or two. In that lag period, Spotify plays on its max volume which is equivalent to the max volume of other music players and other streaming platforms but I can hear the volume getting lower even though the max volume on my phone and car remain unchanged.

I have tried different bitrates, tuned the equalizer (also tried the equalizer with only turning up higher frequencies) nut nothing worked.

Is there a way where I can stop Spotify from auto-normalising its volume at play at max?

8 Replies

Hey @Munnu,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

We understand that you are experiencing issues with the volume-level of streamed music, while being connected with Bluetooth to your vehicle. Let's try to help out here with some troubleshooting. Do you experience this only when using Bluetooth to connect your Spotify to the car? If you try using the volume controls on your mobile device instead of the head unit of the car while connected, does this make any difference?  We can also suggest you to try using any of the other options to enjoy Spotify in the car to see if this situation could be resolved.  

Additionally, you can also check your Spotify app's settings and see if the "Normalize volume' toggle is switched on and adjust this to see if this will make any difference. There you'll find also a 'Volume level' setting that can be also modified depending your surrounding environment. Check if tweaking those settings will make any difference for your experience in the car. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had the same problem, even your example of the first couple of seconds when first plugging in. I found turning the Spotify equalizer OFF fixes the audio sound too low problem. It's def a bug in Spotify and its equalizer with Android Auto (in my Audi A4 and Pixel 6 Pro Dec update at least)

I disabled the car mode as well, but every single time when I wanna listen to Spotify in my car (which is the main reason I subscribed) it lowers the volume so hard that I have to turn it on max volume to hear a tiny bit of it. But if I switch back to the radio with that volume, my windows would be probably smashed out of the car.

What the heck is this nonsense, how can I turn it off? I don't want that!

If it will be not turned off until my next subscription period I will cancel Spotify. It is so annoying!!

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Pixel 7

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Sometimes when I connect to my car's stereo over Bluetooth, the volume will turn itself down very low. Then after a random amount of time (often a couple of minutes), it will suddenly jump back up to where it normally is, without me touching anything,

Plan

Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

POCO X5 Pro 5G

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Hi, its me again. This issue is similar to one I faced in the original post with my previous device, the POCO X3 NFC. I noticed that when my Spotify Premium plan was temporarily reverted to the Free Plan last month, the audio played at the highest volume possible, even causing audio clipping at maximum volume settings on both my car's system and the device itself. Now it definitely looks like a bug on the app side. I didn't change any settings during my Premium Plan or during my Free Plan last month.

I have already tried troubleshooting steps such as checking for app updates, clearing the app cache, and adjusting Bluetooth settings. On my Spotify App I've tried Normalize Volume in every mod and turned off, Mono Audio, Equalizer and its settings, Audio quality - Auto-Adjust and manual.  However, the issue persists, please suggest some other tweaks to settings that I could try.

I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions to resolve this audio volume problem when using Spotify over Bluetooth on my POCO X5 Pro 5G device.

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your findings regarding this issue.

Would it be possible for you to test this using a different account (Premium or free) and let us know the result?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plays very quietly on my Zeplin. Want to raise the volume

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland 

Device

Google Pixel 7a

Operating System

Android 14

When using bluetooth to listen with in ear speakers or car sound system, the only usable system volume on the phone is now maximum or maybe 1-3 steps down from max. I've set the Spotify volume setting to loud and tried playing with equaliser. None of them improved the situation. This started after the latest Spotify update, I didn't have problems with volume previously.

Suggested posts