Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android + iOS] Volume steps too big when using "Spotify Connect"

[Android + iOS] Volume steps too big when using "Spotify Connect"

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Note 10 +

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

When connecting Spotify to a speaker with built-in "Spotify Connect" and built-in "Chromecast" you can switch between these two modes". When using "Chromecast" the volumesteps are "+1" or "-1" when hitting the volume-buttons. When using "Spotify Connect" the steps vary from 2-3 each time when you hit the buttons wich are much to big and the volume tends to be too highh or too low.

Yes, I did a clean install, cleared all caches, restarted router, phone, speaker.

48 Replies

Hey @tigaaa,

Thanks for your post.

It's not possible to manually adjust the volume increments in which Spotify Connect increases/ decreases the volume between devices.

The volume controls are different between different devices, connected via Spotify Connect. What you can do is adjust the Volume on the device, which is currently playing sound manually. 

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your reply! It's just a pitty that the volume steps on the same device are +-1 when in "Chromecast"-Mode and +-3 when in "Spotify Connect"-Mode, wich is just an other kind of Chromecast, if I get this right...

Hey @tigaaa,

Thanks for the reply.

Chromecast and Spotify connect use different networking protocols and allow different level of device management and connectivity.

We've passed your feedback on to the right teams at Spotify. The Spotify teams always try to improve the user experience, so this is something that might be improved in future updates 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Thank you!

This issue is still there. I'm using spotify connect with a Marantz PM7000N amplifier and controling the volume from the app is a nightmare, the volume steps are way too big.

Have the same issue as Olivg, the Marantz P7000N will only go up or down in increments of 5 which seems silly, please Spotify address this 

Same issue on the Denon rcd-n10, volume steps are too big.

Same issue on the Denon AVR 3000X, volume steps are too big. (0, 17, 30, 33, 36.5, 39.5, 42.5, .....) steps on the remote are 0.5

Hi, I'm having the same issue:

Spotify Connect with Denon AVC-X3800H .

The volume increment steps are too big.

Spotify Devs, please come with a solution for us?

Hey folks!

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info sent.

Our internal teams are already aware of the situation and are currently working to fix this up. However, we can't confirm when it will be addressed.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Why isn't this being fixed? I can't think of any big which I know almost everyone I know has...

Same issue with a Denon AVRS660H using Spotify version 8.8.10.582 on Android 12. Super annoying, makes the volume buttons unusable in Spotify. This should take your developers only a few minutes to fix. 

This is not solved.

Come on Spotify, this should be basic stuff - it is annoying when you have kids, overstep volume and wake them up.

It's been one and a half year since I started this thread. It's ridiculous.

@Spotify: On my Sony HT-A9 sound system, on low volume, it jumps from 8 to 15 with 1 click. That is close to double the volume, I cannot go anywhere in between with your app, that really is ridiculous. Controlling volume is among the very few basic features of any music player that ever existed. Please print this statement and hang it on the fridge of your development team.

Push!

Nothing happend now for 2 years(!!).

The volume steps via Spotify Connect are too big. Can't increase the volume only a bit and have to use my remote every time to not annoy others.

@tigaaa: Can you remove this thread marked as "solved"? Scroll up to the "solution" post of the Spotify team member and try to undo it.

Absolutely not solved. Same problem with streaming to Samsung soundbar (q930b in my case). Increments of 5 are unusable, either too silent or waking my kid up.

I have the same issue when using wifi connection to a Samsung soundbar, every step is 7 steps and I have to use the remote to control the volume. changing from the computer needs extreme sensitivity or its getting crazy loud

I reposted this issue hoping that a mod will mark it as not solved. Please upvote/reply for the moment: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Volume-steps-too-big-when-using-Spotify-Connect/td-p/553842...

Suggested posts