Volume through "connect to device" Bug

Volume through "connect to device" Bug

Plan

Free

Country

Ecuador

My phone: OnePlus 5T

Version: Android 10

Playing a song from my phone to an Amazon Echo through the "connect to a device" feature does not let me control the volume of said speaker how it's supposed to.

(Check detailed explanation below) 

Playing a song and selecting the "connect to a device feature" does not spawn another volume toggle for the speaker, worsening my music listening experience and adding an unexpected extra step. (Having to walk to the speaker and control the volume manually)

This is when connecting Spotify to the speaker conventionally of course. My process is the following:

choosing a song from my Playlist-> playing the song-> open the "connect to device" menu by tapping on the bottom left-> select my speaker. 

And that's when the issue manifests.

There is however a workaround that does let me control the volume how it's supposed to: 

If I change the volume of my phone (with the volume keys) in a brief time window (usually 0.5 - 1 second) after choosing the speaker in the "connect to a device" menu, the phone will react and take control of the volume of the speaker as it normally should and it will finally let me access and control it! Now I have three volume toggles that I can control with my phone: media, ring and the speaker's volume. (how it's supposed to be)

This has been bugging me for a while and I'm happy to help till it's resolved.

Please contact me if you want the specifics, screen recordings, screenshots or logs to solve the bug.

Have a great day!

1 Reply

Hey there @Camachosky,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! We'll happily help you sort this one out.

Could you perform a clean reinstall and let us know if that fixes thing? Sometimes files of the app get corrupted and cause such issues, this is an easy fix for such situations. 

If that doesn't fix things, could let us know if controlling the volume through your smartphone works, when connected to another device?

In any case, a video of the issue would help us out a lot in trying to find the root cause of the problem. You can use the Insert Video option in the post editor to do this. Just make sure to hide any private/sensitive information when posting on the Community.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts