Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHAT THE **bleep** IS UP WITH THE NEW UPDATE (MARCH 2017)

WHAT THE **bleep** IS UP WITH THE NEW UPDATE (MARCH 2017)

I no longer have the option to send anything directly to friends! **bleep**! And you can't see the number of followers on a playlist anymore either! This is BULL!

Am I missing something???

10 Replies

Hey @Wineinger! Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available. After a lot of consideration this feature has been made unavailable. You can read more about that here. You can leave all your feedback there. 

And, about playlist followers, those should be available. Could you try to reinstall the app and see if that brings them back? Let me know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What was the thinking there? Why would you not want to allow people to send music to their friends? That was literally my favorite part of Spotify was the social aspect.

Hey @Wineinger!

You can still share music with your friends. Just tap: 'Share' and tap on one of the options to send music to your friends. I'll be here if you need anything else.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Ok sorry I'm confused. What feature then were you referring to having been removed? 
And I still don't see the option under share, that's why I was upset in the first place.

Thanks for all your help

Hey @Wineinger!

Sorry about any confusion. I mean that you can still share the song link with your friends, over WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or SMS. I'll be here if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

P.S. I hope you're not just referring to the "Post to Followers" option. That hardly solves my problem. I want to actually SEND something to someone like I always did before, not just send it out into the socialsphere

Ok yea I don't see that option anywhere. The only option it gives me is "Post to Followers"

HOLY **bleep** THE INBOX IS GONE COMPLETELY WHAT THE **bleep** DOES THIS MEAN ALL MY CONVERSATIONS AND SONG RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE PAST FIVE YEARS HAVE BEEN ERASED FOREVER?????

Hey @Wineinger!

Hmm, can you send over a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

My Spirit won't let me add songs to play list, share to friends ( in any app) what's going on?

Suggested posts