Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHERE IS MY LIBRARY!?

Solved!

WHERE IS MY LIBRARY!?

After weeks of being unable to play music on my android (I was "offline" apparently - no I wasnt) I have uninstalled and redownloaded spotify. My phone checks for updates but spotify was coming up with nothing. So I was suprised to find a brand new version of spotify. 

1) I liked the old version. Not happy its changed

2) Where the hell do I find my library of all of my tracks? I dont KNOW what I want to listen to - I just want to shuffle all of my songs!? 
3) Playing a playlist is impossible anyway because so far they have decided not to load.

Do I want to continue paying for this service? Im not sure....  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi 

i have used the work around and its good when you have regular internet access, im in the army and we dont realy get alot of it, having a dedicated Library playlist that updates as and when i download a new playlist.

any chance you guys could get it back?

Cheers

View solution in original post

18 Replies

"I liked the old version. Not happy its changed" - you appear to be in the minority, the general view around here is that the old version was terrible.

I agree that it would be nice to have the Library back. However, once all your playlists load (and I expect they should eventually), there is a workaround for the missing Library view which works quite well. All you need to do is:

1) Create a playlist folder (in the desktop version of Spotify) called something like "Library" or "Playlists"

2) Select all your playlists and drag them into the new folder

Once you've done this you can play all the tracks in your library by opening the new playlist folder in the mobile app and choosing the "All tracks" option at the top.

In some ways this can be more flexible than the Library view as it you can create multiple folders and use these to filter the tracks which are played.

Ill give that a go! And I may have spoke too soon. Im a creature of habit. Starting to get used to the new one now... will see how it goes! 

Marked as solution

Hi 

i have used the work around and its good when you have regular internet access, im in the army and we dont realy get alot of it, having a dedicated Library playlist that updates as and when i download a new playlist.

any chance you guys could get it back?

Cheers

my friend got the new version of Spotify and his library along with all the songs in it disappeared... is there a way to get it back?

If it has been replaced by the new Your Music then no. The old library is dead. R.I.P.

I recently downloaded the new Spotify (unfortunately) and much to my shagrin and dismay, ALL of my music from my library is gone. We're talking about a month's worth of music I had generated over the course of about a year: gone. Now I am reading that I basically have to go back and re-add all of that music to this new "My Music" tab. Safe to say I will never be using this software again. What a horrendous and ridiculous idea. Complete and utter stupidity.

Library has gone but all your music still appears in your playlists as before. Your Music is, in my view, a much better way to organise my collection. Getting rid of all my album playlists and just using playlists for mixes has made spotify a lot easier to use, especially on mobile.

If you also use the desktop client, you can create a playlist folder there and quickly drag all your playlists and playlist folders into it. Selecting the folder will then show all your music, just like Library used to.

click on all each album you have saved.right click on a song in that album and choose (save) then they will show up in  (my music)

note though if you are trying to save a song from playlist,s and they are from different albums,you will have to go to an individual song from that album and choose save,only drawback is it will save every song from that album. then go to my mus9ic,clicik play and choose shuffle,then enjoy !

Where is my library?!!! Why is the menu below the app "Your Playlists" not "Your Library"?!!!

Hi there, riamatthews!
The old button called "My Library" or under "Playlists" -> "Library" is gone. That is right, but it has only been moved. It caused a lot of confusion on my part as well, but here is what really happened.

All the songs you have saved under library or the "+" on songs is now under your library or someone would call it overview and then just "Songs".

- Best Regards Casper Thomsen

spotify.jpg

I'm still pretty confused, this is what's showing under my library, and it appears you can't "save" songs or albums any more

Screenshot_20180301-185450.png

I've had spotify for 4 years, the number of about 1200 song have added up to my library, I dont understand this update. Stupid I say, STUPID!!!

It's under favorite songs 

Not every song I have is in a playlist. Some are just in my library. I've lost all those tracks? And btw, I think the minority is the people who like the update. I sure as **bleep** am angry with it and am this close to stop using spotify altogether because of it.

Yeah but some people don't have every song they've liked on Spotify in a playlist 

It may take some time but try getting a laptop or computer and using Spotify to turn your library into a playlist 

@belavelle00

The app doesn't look like that anymore everything is different

Literally all my songs were in just my library!! I'm so mad

Suggested posts