Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Way to only see downloaded music?

Solved!

Way to only see downloaded music?

I'm using Spotify 1.0.0.82 on Android 4.4.2. I plan to use Spotify offline pretty often so I was wondering if there was any way to see just music that has been downloaded (i.e. that can be played in offline mode) without having to see all the cool music that I can't play offline. Thanks!

35 Replies

@Joe That's it! Thanks!
So, everything I download will automatically be added to my favorites? Kind of odd...
Anyway, this answers my question.

Hmm, seems as if I was too enthusiastic with my last reply... The behavior is still not what I would expect. Downloaded albums are shown with the green download symbol beside them when viewing the list of albums unfiltered, but when activating the downloaded filter, all but one disappear. Even more confusing, the one album that is still listed in the filtered view does not have the downloaded symbol beside it.

Hi tatmotiv

Thanks for your response.
You mentioned *'but when activating the downloaded filter'*. I'm not sure
what you mean by this or where this downloaded filter is or how to activate
it. That doesn't even appear in any of my views. Can you advise where that
is? Are you using MacBook with the desktop app like I am?

Sorry my friend but until they inflict "Me" on me, I can't offer any suggestions. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

@polojunky2000
No, this thread is about the Android client.

@Joe
This "me" menu thing is driving me nuts.
Thanks nevertheless! The hint to look into the favorites is helpful anyway.

Very good but very hiden as well!
I use spotify for years now and never saw that.
They should consider to make that more eveident.

I can't find the filter which only show offline songs
I can find one call "download" but I think it only show 20 out of 100 songs I download 🤦🏻‍♀️

Where does it show my offline content? I still don't understand:
IMG_1971.PNG

Also: how do I remove offline content? I couldn't figure out how (and still haven't btw) to stop downloading when I accidentally chose "download" on a 500 song list and now my phone is full.
Marked as solution

- Click on "You Library";
- Select "Artists", for example;
- slide your finger down on the screen;
- You will see a Filter field;
- Click on the arrow at the right;
- Select "Downloads"

Use the filter, described here, to only show downloads.

Marked as solution

Stopping it downloading a playlist may require reinstalling the app but first try putting your mobile into flight mode then go to the playlist you started downloading and toggle the "download" switch off. Then restart your mobile and turn off flight mode.

If that doesn't do the trick, you'll need to reinstall the app.

This is all very helpful, thanks! wow this app is lacking in intuitiveness for users... anyways, now that I've found the secret filter for downloaded music, I still can't find this massive playlist. It was around 500 songs and half way through I got a message from my phone saying it was full. The downloading has stopped, my phone is full, and when I look under "playlists" and filter "downloaded", it isn't there! Only full playlists I've downloaded are there. But I will reinstall the app - from what I understand from the answers deleting and reinstalling the app will get rid of any downloaded content and start me from scratch? Thanks all.

Awesome! I'm so happy this exists, and I'm so thankful for your answer! Cheers!

The problem I have is that even though I downloaded an album to my local memory I did not save it into the collection of my shared library.

Say my library only contains 2 songs of an 8 track album, searching with these filters will only give me 2 songs even though the other 6 tracks are on the local memory of my device. I just have to really go out of my way to find them.

Suggested posts