Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Way to only see downloaded music?

Solved!

Way to only see downloaded music?

I'm using Spotify 1.0.0.82 on Android 4.4.2. I plan to use Spotify offline pretty often so I was wondering if there was any way to see just music that has been downloaded (i.e. that can be played in offline mode) without having to see all the cool music that I can't play offline. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@rsuavenator wrote:

I'm using Spotify 1.0.0.82 on Android 4.4.2. I plan to use Spotify offline pretty often so I was wondering if there was any way to see just music that has been downloaded (i.e. that can be played in offline mode) without having to see all the cool music that I can't play offline. Thanks!

If you go to the filter at the top of "Songs, Albums, or Artists" and click the icon to the right, do you see an option that says "Show only offlined content?" That should do it. It will apply to all sections...unfortunately, there's a bug that keeps it from showing up on the playlists section sometimes.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @tatmotiv do you have the new "Me" tab? If so, you should be able find everything you had in the previous library tab under "Me" then scrolling down to "Favorites". Once there, the downloaded filter should work as it did in the previous UI.

I should add that I don't have "Me" so it is possible that I'm totally wrong.

Marked as solution

- Click on "You Library";
- Select "Artists", for example;
- slide your finger down on the screen;
- You will see a Filter field;
- Click on the arrow at the right;
- Select "Downloads"

Marked as solution

Stopping it downloading a playlist may require reinstalling the app but first try putting your mobile into flight mode then go to the playlist you started downloading and toggle the "download" switch off. Then restart your mobile and turn off flight mode.

If that doesn't do the trick, you'll need to reinstall the app.

35 Replies

Unfortunately not, although someone else did say earlier today they where going to add it as a new Idea over on the Ideas Exchange - not sure if they did it or not though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

@rsuavenator wrote:

If you go to the filter at the top of "Songs, Albums, or Artists" and click the icon to the right, do you see an option that says "Show only offlined content?" That should do it. It will apply to all sections...unfortunately, there's a bug that keeps it from showing up on the playlists section sometimes.

dinomightSpotify Star

How did I not see that before, that's awesome! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, they kinda snuck it in there. I love it.
dinomightSpotify Star

Sweet, I would have never thought to scroll down. I guess the best solution when you get stuck sometimes is to just finger spaz for a little bit.

Thanks!!!

Thank You!!!

Hello, please can someone confirm that the icon with the green arrow pointing down next to my music is showing music that Is NOT downloaded? Or is it the other way around?
Very much appreciated!! Thanks for your time 😃

This filter isn't there. Where do I find it? 

I'm an Rdio refugee and already realizing how correct my decision was to stick with rdio for five years. 

Spotify should have an iPod-like view of just your downloaded music. It drives me insane that if I want to listen to an album, I can't go to the artist and then the album. I have to choose the album directly from a list of all albums by any artist. If i choose the artist, I just get a list of all their songs. 

Get it together, spotify! Just because you have a stranglehold on the market doesn't give you an excuse to have a crappy app for audiophiles. 

Thank you so much!

any joy? I can't see it either- on iOS. would be very handy.

It seems this filter is not available on my app either. Would be very helpful and time-saving to either have a folder or playlist that contains the offline music or alternatively, an app that when is offline, only shows music available offline.

If you bring up your music in one of the categories, (e.g. albumns, songs, etc.), then swipe down it brings up a search/filter box.  If you click on the icon on the right side of that you can select downloaded.  To remove the filter you need to scroll to the bottom of the list and there is an icon to remove the filter.

I cannot figure out what you guys mean. I don't even find that songs/albums/whatever screen I'm supposed to scroll down... Is this gone in the current version of the Android app?

It seems as if I'm missing the library menu entry... I'm running Spotify 7.1.0.1025 - See attached screenshot.

Go to "Settings" - choose "Playback options" - select "Off-line" mode.

2 years on and things seem to have changed...

I'm on Macbook laptop using the desktop Spotify app version 1.0.44.100.ga60c0ce1

I am trying to see / filter all offline/downloaded music, so I can make some of it online-only again (to save space on my devices).

As suggested above I clicked on 'songs' in the sidebar. I see there is a filter box to enter words to filter through song names, however there is no 'icon to the right' as the solution above suggests. The only attribute columns in the song list display are song name, artist name, album name, Date added, song length.

Can anyone help in advising how one can view ONLY the offline content?

Thanks

Ross

Hey @polojunky2000 this is the android section so the instructions posted above apply solely to android devices. You should post in this section for help with the Mac desktop client.

The desktop client will not show music downloaded on other devices so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. If you want to identify music downloaded to a specific device, please post details of the device, operating system and spotify version. Thanks.

Changing to offline mode will not achieve the desired behavior. There is no way to browse the library in the last version, regardless whether you want to list online or offline content. This really sucks.
Marked as solution

Hey @tatmotiv do you have the new "Me" tab? If so, you should be able find everything you had in the previous library tab under "Me" then scrolling down to "Favorites". Once there, the downloaded filter should work as it did in the previous UI.

I should add that I don't have "Me" so it is possible that I'm totally wrong.

Suggested posts