Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We're PAYING for Android access, so why is "SHUFFLE" forced down our throats?

Solved!

We're PAYING for Android access, so why is "SHUFFLE" forced down our throats?

Really curious here guys: The new Android redesign looks OK (to be honest seems really over-designed, the kind of thing a 22 year old with a $3000 Apple computer and about $0 of UX sense would make)

But why is there a "SHUFFLE" button that takes up 15-20% of my screen, no matter what? What in the hell? Why would I want to shuffle? I literally pay you money so I don't have to shuffle everything, but you decided to force shuffle down my throat anyway?

Shuffle is a cheap/crap feature for "Free" users. We know that because you limit Free users to shuffle only, probably because it costs you less per play if it's "radio"/"shuffle" style.

But we're paying users here on Android. So why is "shuffle" being forced down our throats?

The easy answer is: You want premium users to shuffle instead of play, which contractually costs Spotify less per play which means more profit.

The hard answer is: You suck at design and honestly think that people want to "shuffle" instead of "play".

Please provide an option, I'm a tad insulted that not only are you pushing paying users into cheaper services automatically, and also a bit shocked at whoever designed this. 15-20% of all screenspace at all time? Seems like a cheap option from a cheap provider looking to gyp me for the most money. Please prove me wrong and fix this glaring and ugly defect. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OH: Easier answer.

The mobile app is available to free users.

And since Spotify is on a multi-year trend of ignoring premium payers in favor of freeloaders, the answer is simple:

This app was designed for freeloading users and was not customized in anyway for the users who actually pay Spotify's bills.

I should have realized in the beginning that Spotify only cares about freeloaders and always ignores paying users. Forcing "Shuffle" on premium users is just another example of Spotify designing for freeloaders while ignoring their paying users. 

Sometimes I wonder why we pay these people when they seem to have direct contempt for the hand that feeds. If these freeloaders are so valuable, why offer a premium plan at all? What a joke--- an utterly unsurprising joke...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

OH: Easier answer.

The mobile app is available to free users.

And since Spotify is on a multi-year trend of ignoring premium payers in favor of freeloaders, the answer is simple:

This app was designed for freeloading users and was not customized in anyway for the users who actually pay Spotify's bills.

I should have realized in the beginning that Spotify only cares about freeloaders and always ignores paying users. Forcing "Shuffle" on premium users is just another example of Spotify designing for freeloaders while ignoring their paying users. 

Sometimes I wonder why we pay these people when they seem to have direct contempt for the hand that feeds. If these freeloaders are so valuable, why offer a premium plan at all? What a joke--- an utterly unsurprising joke...

Hi,

To be clear: do you want Spotify developers to reduce the size of the Shuffle button, or do you want the ability to 'hide' the Shuffle button when subscribed to Premium?

You can post this as a suggestion in the Ideas subforum, where others can vote to support your idea for changes: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Suggested posts