Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player Bug] When I start Spotify it says Web Player is in use when logged into phone only.

[Web Player Bug] When I start Spotify it says Web Player is in use when logged into phone only.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Android LG 6

Operating System

Android 9.0 Pie

My Question or Issue

Recently when I pull up my Spotify account it shows that my account is in use on a Chrome Web Player. I have checked all other devices that I am signed into to make sure that Spotify is not auto-playing music on a device other than my phone and have changed my password and deleted and re-installed the app with the issue still not being fixed. I will be listening to music and then my song suddenly cuts out and plays music in either a completely different language or different genre than what I was listening to. I have seen that some people have encountered problems with their 2020 Wrapped and I do find it strange that the day after I viewed mine I started encountering these problems. I would like to hope that my account and information hasn't been compromised but I'm curious if this is a unique situation to me or if other individuals are encountering this same problem.

Any suggestions beyond deleting/re-installing the app and resetting my account information is appreciated.

1 Reply

Hi @JMull98

Welcome to the Community!

We understand where you're coming from and we'll do our best to help you out.

No worries, in this case we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify answer and following the steps you can find there. This will ensure that your account is secure and that you don't experience any of these interruptions. 

If you have any questions, just let us know.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts