Plan

Premium

Country

Device

webplayer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am using Spotify web player on my work laptop (before you ask/ suggest: no, I am not able to install the app on my work machine) and I’ve recently noticed problems with sound. Namely, the sound vanishes mid-song, and to switch it back on, I have to click back to ca. start of the song. While sound’s off, the songs are playing (the ‘progress bar’ advances and I can see the time to end of song being counted down).

I did listen to the webplayer while travelling with the network connection (internet signal) vanishing or weakening at times, but I did listen to the playlist of my liked songs, which should be available without disruption offline (I use spotify premium).

Can someone please look into this for me? With multiple issues I’ve been experiencing with spotify lately, and this one in particular, it makes me question whether it is still worth continuing the premium subscription, if I can’t use it’s features. I could just as well be using spotify free…

I’m on a dell laptop, with Windows 10 OS.

3 Replies

Hey @Malgo,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This issue could very well be caused by restrictions implemented by your system/ network administrator since it's a work laptop. In which case there might not be much we can help with from our end.

Here are some things you can try:

• Clear your browsers cache and check for any updates. You can search online how to do this for each browser.
  • Try using another web browser if possible.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the answer Alex, I don't think this is to do with security restrictions though. If it was, I think I wouldn't be able to access webplayer at all. It's not much of a security measure to switch sound off mid-song. Not letting you play the song at all would be more like it...

Hey @Malgo,

Thank you for your message.

As Spotify is a streaming service, some work networks may restrict this service because it's a continuous flow of data. In case you haven't checked if it happens with a different network connection, give it a try.

Also, would you mind checking if the sound fades too when using another web browser?.

Keep us posted.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts