Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Well discussed,yet the issues persist to store offline playlist on external SD card.

Well discussed,yet the issues persist to store offline playlist on external SD card.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone running android V 4.3 and latest  Spotify version 0.7.4.610.gd.7332b3.  This phone comes with measly 16 GB and at present I have only 4.4 GB space left in internal storage. I put in a new micro SD card of 32 GB with 29.7 GB available. There is nothing installed or copied on it. Yet Spotify did not download offline play lists on the SD card.

I tried again and did a clean install - clear the cache, deleted the data, uninstalled the application. deleted the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder. Turned the phone off. Took out the battery. And restarted after full 5 minutes. Freshly downloaded the spotify app from play store. Tested offline playlist with short one - and still - it DID NOT download the offline playlist on the SD card. The result was - the internal memory space showed my 4.1 GB space available and external SD card still showing full 29.7 GB space. Although the external SD card has the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder.

What else can one do to have offline playlists downloaded on SD card?

1 Reply

If the app created the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder then it will use this to store the cached music files. I've no idea what has reduced the internal memory on your phone but it can't be cached spotify music as the app can only use one storage location.

Have you checked your internal storage with a file browser? If you download a playlist, doesn't the external SD card free space reduce now?

Suggested posts