Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happened to top lists after the new update?

What happened to top lists after the new update?

I can't find the top list.  I don't know if I am just blind or if it got removed! Help!

11 Replies

Top list view is removed. The top list with tracks from your country. I do not know why. Also there is no top lists on Windows Phone.

However you can see your top lists up to 5 tracks and artists from Profile in both of those platforms.

There are some toplists available if you look at your own profile (the only way I have found to do that is to open one of your own playlists and then click on your photo at the top left where it says who the owner of the playlist is).

Once you open your profile you will see:

1) A list of "Top Weekly Tracks" (this only contained three songs on my profile, I don't know if this is fixed or just because I haven't listened to much this week).

2) A graphic list of your "Top Weekly Artists" (this is a horizontally scrolling album-art list).

3) A list of all your public playlists (At the top of this list there appears to be a auto-generated playlist called "Top tracks" this appears to be your all time top 10 tracks, although it seems a bit buggy since my list contained 2 tracks that I have never played or even heard of).

It would be nice if someone from Spotify could comment on this as it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Agreed...kind of a bummer that the top billboard list was removed...my kids loved playing on shuffle.  Any word on why and when it might be added back?

I'll ask around to see if I can find out what happened.

Community Ergo Sum

Anything new about this? Its really annoying not being able to use toplists anymroe 😞

Why you want to listen top lists?

You can find in Spotify catalogue more than 18 Million tracks. No need to listen top lists forever and ever.

However you can subscribe to Spotify's auto-updatwed top list from any Spotify country. Does this work for you?

Search for those in Spotify "spotify:user:spotify".

Small update:

When the Android client was rebuilt and republished to look the way it does now, some features didn't make it back in. Top Lists was one of those.

We hope to be able to build it back in at a later date.

Community Ergo Sum

Any update to this? Will the top list in the android app be back?

I really miss having top list on the android app. Is it coming back?

Me and many of my friends would also like the top lists available in our phones.

And as a reply to the question "Why you want to listen to top lists?": It is a good way to find new music. I don't listen to the top lists forever and ever but I like to do it every once in a while. Thanks for the tip regarding subscribing to Spotify's top 100 playlist though!

There is a new Android app which shows the Top Lists. You can also play the songs directly from it. It has some bugs , but its great to finally have Top Lists back on Android while we wait for Spotify to add it back in their app again  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madrabbit.hitsify

Suggested posts