Regular

Plan

Premium

Device

Various

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have an android heatunit in my car and listen to spotify all the time but the latest update to the GUI is a joke. The album art is so small its hardly visible and the controls are 25% of what they used to be. The screen is 80% nothing.

Its the same on my tablets which I use as media player to bluethooth speakers at home. I have to go and pick up the tablet to see whats playing.

Older versions were not great but alot better than this rubbish... 

Spotify need to up the game on this and provide an app that has the ability for more user customisation and makes better use of the screen real estate.

See in the photo how much un used space is there in landscape.

spotify.png
12 Replies

Re: What has happened to Landscape Mode ?

Palokowski
Casual Listener
I’ve got the same problem on my car head unit. Did you get around to making the album art larger? Cheers.

MusicMagic2019
Regular

Afraid Not.

There is zero customisation in spotify at all.

Maybe sideload an older version of spotify would solve it ?

Spotify (landscape especially) looks worse than Windows Media Player in Windows 95.

Who in spotify approved it ... 

media player.jpg

Hey there @MusicMagic2019,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, do you have Car View toggled on when connected to your car?

When you connect your phone to your car’s Bluetooth, car view should automatically turn on. This way, you see larger, driver-friendly icons in the Now Playing view, and you can quickly change what plays with Choose Music at the bottom of the screen.

To enable Car view:

1. On the app on your Android device, tap Home.
  2. Tap Settings. 
  3. Under Car, switch Car view on.

You can read more about this here.

If you have this setting toggled on but you're having troubles, we'd recommend trying a quick reinstall of the app on your device to shake things up. Here's how you can do so.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Palokowski
Casual Listener
Hello. Thanks for your response.

Yes, car view is toggled on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it heaps of time, but it didn’t seem to have worked.
It might be some update bug.

MusicMagic2019
Regular
How did spotify go from theis screen which wasnt too bad to the rubbish that it is now ? If I side load an apk of an older version will that still work with spotify.. Dont see any reason to use the newer versions as anything useful hasn't been added to the spotify android app in years and years.. Tbh it's a poor poor app for a subscription service.. Also why no tablet version.
Screenshot_20190518-084642_Twitter.jpg

kileak_tk
Casual Listener

I'm on the same boat, still don't understand why the change...

Palokowski
Casual Listener
I have installed an update that was released o. December 31st and it’s working fine. I have also disabled automatic apps update on google store.

kileak_tk
Casual Listener

For the moment i reverted back to version 8.5.3.716 (May 1, 2019) being the last one with proper landscape mode.

Please get it back. The new one is sooo bad i started considering other services.

Screenshot_2019-05-23-19-43-01[927].jpg

MusicMagic2019
Regular
I did that too. Went back to old version. That landscape is way better. But in reality it's still disappointing for a 2019 subscription app. It should have at least 5 custom themes for users to choose what they want. Be it bigger controls, bigger text, full screen album art, more or less controls. Or even the ability to add third party themes. Come on spotify .... loyaltity comes from user satisfaction and there are loads of options if users are not happy..
SUGGESTED POSTS