Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the wake word for the voice control feature?

What is the wake word for the voice control feature?

What is the wake word for voice control? The legal notice mentions a wake word, but I can't find any information about it. It would seem silly to implement a voice control feature that requires a long press on the screen to activate. I am hoping to switch from to a Spotify family account from another service, but having to press the search button on the screen is a no-go, since we listen a lot while driving. 

"Is Spotify recording all of my conversations?

No. Spotify will begin receiving your voice input data when you press the action button or say the wake word, and continue until Spotify has processed your question or request.

The device will always indicate to you when Spotify is listening for the wake-word, and when Spotify is receiving your voice input. When listening for the wake-word, Spotify listens in short snippets of a few seconds which are deleted if the wake-word is not detected."

https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/voice-controls/

4 Replies

Figured this would be an easy answer to find, but as of now I am no closer than when I first started. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

At the moment, you can enable voice search either through clicking the microphone icon in Search, or by long tapping Search.

However, if you'd like to request a specific wake word, we'd suggest sharing your feedback in our Idea Exchange so other users can support this and contribute to the discussion.

To get started, we'd suggest checking this Spotify Answer. You can also find more info on how ideas get implemented here.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

So there is NO wake word!

It seems silly to ask for it as a feature when it's already said to exist in the documentation.

Please advise.

Thanks.

So the short answer is there’s no wake word, is that what you’re trying to say or do you even know. When your programmers put in a wake word you might try Hey Spotify. 

Suggested posts