Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When playing songs from search, Spotify no longer plays the whole list

Solved!

When playing songs from search, Spotify no longer plays the whole list

I've been having this issue since the last update. Whenever I search for an artist, let's say "JMSN" for example, and I choose one song, it plays alright. The issue comes when the song ends. Before, Spotify would play some other song from the search list, but now it repeats the same song over and over. Even if I try to skip the song. Nevertheless, this does not happen when I play songs from a playlist or from the artist main page. I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this issue.

I'm using Spotify Premium, on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 running Android Oreo

Screenshot_2018-11-03-14-02-40-749_com.spotify.music.png
Screenshot_2018-11-03-14-02-49-510_com.spotify.music.png
Top Answer
Loxer
Community Legend

Hey @alejoromero__,

That's what that change does, try to disable Autoplay but I haven't tested that so I can't gurantee it will change this behaviour.

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea in Idea Submissions board.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alejoromero__,

That's what that change does, try to disable Autoplay but I haven't tested that so I can't gurantee it will change this behaviour.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @alejoromero__, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's part of the new UI. overhaul for Premium members.

The overhaul follows Spotify’s recent update to song search; now when you search for a song with a common name, Spotify will create a playlist, an actual list, based around the song instead of playing every version of that searched song in order.

You can learn more by reading this blog post and this article of what's new with Spotify Premium.

Have a great day! 🙂

Hi Loxer. I keep trying to understand this new feature that you suggest. The problem remains the same. Usually, when I heard about a new artist, I would search for his/her name in the search bar, play any song of the list, and let it keep playing so I could listen every song available of the artist. This was what spotify would do before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but basically this isn't possible anymore? I do not want a "Radio" based on the artist or the song, because Spotify shoves other artists and songs in that radio that I do not want to listen. If you know anything more about this, it would be very helpful. If this isn't possible, they took an important feature from the app.

Marked as solution

Hey @alejoromero__,

I appreciate your comment here, but it's not a solution in any measure just a work-around.

In 2020 this is still an issue on PC and Android. Unfortunately with all the money Spotify has, more should go in to development. Every issue I have has been on the service for years with most posts marked as solved. 😐

Hi, I was having the same problem, so maybe this will help you.  Bring up the searched song so that you can see the album and options to play, pause, go forward, go backward.  To the right of the "go forward" button, you will see two small arrows forming a loop.  Make sure that is not highlighted.  If that is highlighted, the searched song will continue to loop.  If not highlighted, it should go on to a "suggested" song.  Also, to the left of the "go back" button, you will see two arrows crossed, such as to shuffle  - make sure this IS highlighted on the song you brought up in your search.

Suggested posts