Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will Spotify provide offline support to Android Smart Watches?

When will Spotify provide offline support to Android Smart Watches?

There's a large community here (777 votes to be exact based on an old post) that would like downloadable capabilities for playlists on Android Smart Watches. But we have not heard any form of an update on this topic for more than a year from Spotify representaticea. Is there any plans to release this update in the future? Should I plan on switching over to Google Play for this feature or is this a feasible upgrade in any near future time-frame?
Thanks. #runners
1 Reply

@Dayrunner

Hello:

I went ahead and moved your post over to Android section of the community, as your post is focused on information about Android Smart Watch and Spotify integration.

So far I have not seen anything in regards to a Spotify app for Android Smart Watch yet. But that might not be too long off, there is a partnership brewing though on the iOS side of things, a Snowy developer collaborating with Spotify for an Apple Smart Watch companion app here: https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/12/spotify-apple-watch/

Must be a few Android Smart Watch app developers seeing if they can do the same I am sure. Just have to wait and see what develops.

Suggested posts