Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will you add "Block Artists" option on Android? We pay for the service, and it's very basic

When will you add "Block Artists" option on Android? We pay for the service, and it's very basic

Plan

Premium

Country

El Salvador

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

When will you add the most needed option : Allow us to "Block undesired Artists"? We pay for a service, and it is a very basic function you need to allow. I don't think how a very solid team like Spotify, eraning millions to pay a programmer to add it, haven't addet it yet.

4 Replies

Hey! There are a few others who have felt the same way as you, but as of right now, Spotify has closed the idea.

They are always looking to improve their service for their userbase though, so keep an eye out for future updates! 

Have a great day 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

They did, go to the artist page and in the top right corner there are three dots, if you tap it, the option "don't play this" comes up. It pulls their tracks from your playlists immediately. 

They must have pulled that feature because I cannot for the life of me find it there, on the web player or Windows app - I *can* find it on the iPhone app. I can only "start radio", "follow", "copy artist link" or "open in desktop app".

I really cannot understand why paying customers have to listen to absolute s#it when their playlist ends - if I have to listen to one more In Flames song I swear I'm quitting our familiy permium... 😛

Hi @Drawer125,

Thanks for reaching out to us! It's understandable that you'd like to spend most if not all of your time listening to artists you really love 🙂

We'd recommend you to check this post for more info on what you can do at the moment. 

We hope that helps! Have a great day 🙂  

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts