Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where can I find the starting artist choosing screen after closing it?

Solved!

Where can I find the starting artist choosing screen after closing it?

I chose a few artists there and closed because I wanted to try the app out and finish that later. Now I want to use that screen again, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Where can I find it?

Thanks

Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Motorola One

Operating System

Android 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Darth_GTB

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind that you can still access the Artists page on Your Library and scroll down to see other recommendations and follow your preferred artists.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @Darth_GTB

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi there @Darth_GTB,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Don't worry, just continue listening to your favorite tunes and artists and Spotify will get better and better and recognizing your taste. 

The many playlists Spotify makes just for you, such as Discover Weekly and Release Radar, are based on your listening habits (what you like, share, save, skip) and the listening habits of others with similar taste.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you Jeremy. Ok, so it is not possible to get back to that screen. Alright, I'll delete my account and create a new one to get back to it.

You need to understand that I want to feed the algorithm all the actually relevant artists. Spotify won't automatically add Аркона to my my music suggestions if I listen to Daft Punk.

And it will be infinitely slow for me to manually find every single artist. That starting screen should be accessible after the starting setup.

Marked as solution

Hey @Darth_GTB

Keep in mind that you can still access the Artists page on Your Library and scroll down to see other recommendations and follow your preferred artists.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator

Thank you Novy! I actually thought that would be a feature but couldn't find it when I looked for it.

And checking right now again, it's still not there. If I go the the end of my Library, it just shows the last artist in the Library. There is no artist suggestion area there.

jpgTemp.jpg
Marked as solution

Hi @Darth_GTB

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator

Thank you again, Novy!

That's the screen I was looking for! I will not have to delete my account after all 🙂

Have a nice day!

jpgTemp.jpg

Hi, just an extra observation:

My library got back to what it was again like the first screenshot. You really need to check that bug

Also, it seems there is no "play everything" option. I guess the only way to do something like that would be to add every song from every artist to a playlist... I just want to listen to everything I like on shuffle... this app shouldn't have to be all this confusing

Edit: I've noticed this bug happens every second time onwards I open the app. So for the app to work as intended today, it is mandatory to delete all cache and storage every single time you are going to use it.

Although, I'm probably not going to use it because I still couldn't find where to play all the artists I chose on shuffle. Imagine adding 120 artists to your library and when you want to listen to them there is no play button. Only inside individual artists. I'm not going to manually add a bagillion songs to a playlist. I was for sure considering buying premium, but this app lacks the minimal functionality you could find in 2010's free software.

It's not like I don't believe your algorithm will provide good music. The thing is that I want the option of not being surprized during a home party by Spotify throwing in random electronic music just because people of my age and localization and that also listen to Red Hot Chilli Peppers also listen to electronic music. I could enjoy suggestions when not in a social meeting, but when I'm with others, I want to have full control to what I'm playing

Hey @Darth_GTB,

Thanks for posting.

The screen you're referring to is meant only for the initial account setup/ first startup. If you manually search for and follow some of your favorite artists, you will see a different section with Recommended artists if you scroll to the bottom after navigating to Your Library>Music>Artists. This is because our algorithm will have a bit more info about your tastes to work with.

As for for the option to shuffle music from all followed artists, it seems that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to see in this feature removed and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven’t already. 

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you, Mihail. I'll take a look into it.

Hi again @Darth_GTB

Thanks for your reply. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and will make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

Cheers!

NovyModerator

@Mihail

Thanks again. I checked it and damn, this has been being requested since 2014 apparently. How isn't this a feature yet?

Hey @Darth_GTB 

We understand where you're coming from. If you'd like to see this feature in the future, we'd recommend taking a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

You can also check this Spotify Answer to get to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify. 

We'll be here if you have any other questions. 

Have a good one.

NovyModerator

On the desktop app, you can click right on the artist to follow. Maybe you can do something similar by press & hold? 

Suggested posts