Premium - Version 8.4.63.684 armV?

Country

Turkey 

Device

Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) 

Operating System

Android 4.4.2

My Question or Issue

Although I am connected to the Internet and not in offline mode the app says that I am in offline mode. While the app gives this error, it shows me all the playlists and the other devices I am using. If I start playin a song either immediately gives "that didn't work error" or starts playing buts stops in 3 or 5 seconds. While the same error continues I select to play on other device and song starts playing on other device. When I change the song on the other device I can see it on the phone. 

I tried to unistall and install couple of times, also cleared the cache none helped.

3 Replies

Hello! Try reinstalling your spotify app. If this does not it may be because your OS is too old.

I did it many times but nothing changed. I think Galaxy Note II can go as far as Android 4.4.2, so changing OS is not a solution for me.

I would like to add that I have the same exact issue and have done a clean reinstall which fixed the problem. My phone is a Samsung S7 Active, all current updates installed. 

However, I then opened Spotify on my computer, used it for a bit on there, and now the issue has reappeared on my phone. The first time this happened was also not long after acessing Spotify on my computer. The correlation is obvious here, but no idea how to fix it or what is even actually causing it, other than using it on my computer (or possibly any other device) is screwing up what my phone can do with it.

Some slight investigative work on my end shows that while the computer can search things on the internet just fine and can even change whats playing on my phone using the connect feature, which also allows the phone version to download whatever is playing, I'm still unable to access the interent unless I uninstall and reinstall the app.

Suggested posts