Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

White screen, while connected to internet

White screen, while connected to internet

Hi,

I use spotify since one year on different devices without having any issues.

I´ve used a htc sensation, motorola xoom in the past and since Feb of this year I hear music with a Nexus 7 and a Sony Xperia Z. All worked until yesterday.

Yesterday my new Sony Xperia tablet Z arrived, and for sure one of the first apps was spotify. I had no problems with logging in, but after that, a complete white screen. Ok, maybe an issue with the new tablet, I thought.

I tried on my phone which was playing music the whole day before yesterday. But, a complete white screen. And the same issue on my Nexus 7.

I tried all the described steps like killing the process, clearing data and cache, re-installing and so on, on the sony devices.

After that I tried it again on my Nexus 7 without internet connection and it worked.

So this is my only workaround to hear "a bit" of music. Don´t let connect the Nexus 7 to internet, so that I can hear the downloaded playlists. All the downloaded playlists on my Sony Xperia Z are gone because of clearing data and cache. So the Nexus 7 is the only device, which has a bit of downloaded music.

So, what am I doing wrong? Isn´t it possible to log in on three devices? Or it´s an issue of the spotify app? Please help. The premium account only works for me, if the android app works. Without this feature I have to cancel my account. Fortunately there are some other streaming services out there.

But it´s unexplainable to me, how an app can run into this issue, simply since logging in on a third device.

Thanks

23 Replies

I got the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Ace on the newest Spotify Android version (I believe that is 0.6.2).

My Android version is 2.3.6.

AnthonyB suggested I should post this here.

Hi. Please perform a clean reinstall, following these instructions. If it doesn't fix the issue, please repost here confirming exactly when the white screen occurs. Thanks.

@jwylot wrote:

Hi. Please perform a clean reinstall, following @kjell-stefan. If it doesn't fix the issue, please repost here confirming exactly when the white screen occurs. Thanks.

I think you mean this link for a clean reinstall or this page also detailing android reinstallation rather than profile info for kjell-stefan 😉

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts