Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Whole playlist doesn't get played, only a very small percentage (Liked Songs Playlist)

Whole playlist doesn't get played, only a very small percentage (Liked Songs Playlist)

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Latest Android

My Question or Issue

This has been an on going issue for months but I will try my best to describe it. Any time I want to listen to a whole playlist on either shuffle or in order, it doesn't actually go through the whole playlist. Maybe only 30-50 of the songs then goes back to the beginning. Something like this:

1. Song 1

2. Song 2

3. Song 3

50. Song 50

N. Song N

Intead of shuffling all the way through to Song N, it only reaches Song 50 then goes to Song 1. So I am only hearing a very small percentage of songs in a playlist. My Liked Songs playlist is about 2200 songs, and I only hear about 50 songs until it loops back to the initial starting song.

Honestly, this is very frustrating. This logic of random shuffling is such a basic thing to implement and its broken. Spotify keeps pushing out these updates and breaking the most basic functionalities of the app. And we still have yet to hear anything on when Android Users can block artists and Kenwood radio support is still busted. Its making me reconsider keeping premium.

2 Replies

I've been having the same issue, though only more recently.  It doesn't happen when the app is playing, but when it's been idle and I come back, it shuffles all the songs again and only pops up previous songs.  

One thing I've started doing is moving tracks to the "Next in Queue", which doesn't mess with the order and has seemingly unlimited space.  But this is a tedious, unnecessary measure to make for an bug that Spotify should have already fixed.

It infuriates me that not only does this bug exist for such a practical, common feature of the app, but that no attention is being given to it.  I have received no comments for my own post and yours is the first one I've found sharing the issue.

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issuess with Shuffle.

Could you let us know if this happens while using Connect?

Thanks in advance! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts