Why Only Shuffle Play?

Why Only Shuffle Play?

thezombiekillr9
Gig Goer

Why can spotify only be played in the premium version with no shuffle play? Why do you force phones to only play shuffle play? Why cant we pick and choose with ads? Cause I find this kinda dumb for me just wanting to listen to my music on my phone when I get wifi, I cant bring my pc everywhere and plug it into all the outlets where ever I go just to listen to my playlists, even if I do press shuffle play, it doesnt play only my playlist, it plays other stupid songs that shouldnt even have been made in the first place, I think the mobile version of the free plan should be changed, it would also help people who want to listen to music that they want to listen to if they only have a phone

Screenshot_2019-10-10-14-07-31.png
3 Replies

Re: Why Only Shuffle Play?

AndrewRobs01
Composer

Hi there!

Unfortunately, this limitation is due to your Spotify plan. Spotify supports artists through ads and the cost of a premium membership. Certain features are behind a paywall, such as the ability to play music on-demand on mobile, so that there is more of an incentive for users to pay for premium.

So, if you would like on-demand playback on mobile you will need to upgrade to a Premium subscription. To learn more about Premium, and how to subscribe click here.

I hope that I was able to help you out, even if it wasn't the answer you were probably looking for.

Did this work for you? If so please mark it as the solution. This helps other users find the solutions to their problems in the future!

thezombiekillr9
Gig Goer
No, that doesnt answer my question even in the slightest, yes, I get that we get ads, but why not just have all devices have ads and have wifi enabled playlists, why not just blackout the playlist offline? I mean, when you havent done a trial, you get free to play any time when on wifi, why not after as well? That is utterly stupid if I'm being honest, and you honestly cant disagree

DanielTham
Music Fan

Hi There,

If you are referring to the part that you are listening to random songs that are not in your created playlist, it could be due to the autoplay feature under settings.  You may want to check that out and off it.

SUGGESTED POSTS