Announcements

Why Only Shuffle Play?

Highlighted

Re: Why Only Shuffle Play?

Composer

I'm not sure I fully understand, I'm not aware of Spotify having on-demand play at all unless you're on desktop or have premium, I might be mistaken however, but it seems odd that if you did have on-demand that it would be removed after using a trial. I guess an option would be to create a new account with a different email and then take advantage of on-demand on your free account without any premium history, like you say.

Highlighted

Visitor

That is stupid, on my PC I can play albums without premium, but I on my phone you have to have premium to play in order, but I souldn't have to pay to play albums in order on my phone when I can for free on my pc.  This is messed up logic that needs to be fixed spotify, the only reason I use spotify anyways is because you can't get the great war album for free on soundcloud.  Fix your logic spotify.

Highlighted

Visitor

I have family premium, but even as a premium member I see how stupid it is to have ONLY SHUFFLE PLAY as a free member, that seems like it would deter more people, they should REMOVE that thing and just add more of those weird ads.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
There’s nothing to explain there a business they make more money if people pay for premium and they can do whatever they want to limit free users
Highlighted

Visitor

I know this is an older thread. 

But even weirder is that my gf and I have the same phone bought on the exact same day and same version of spotify.

Both only use free accounts. 

She only has shuffle play. But on mine I can pick and choose whatever song in the playlist I want.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I am on premium. Nothing but shuffle play on my phone, though. Your suggestion does not qualify as a solution.

Highlighted

Visitor

Because their goal isn't to make your listening experience perfect minus ads when you aren't paying a penny into the company / artists. Don't have much to complain about when its not costing you anything. Premium is much better.

Highlighted

Visitor

But they are getting money from the adds already, right?

That attitude is pushing me away from the idea to pay Premium some day.

"For free with adds"? Ok, I take it, but then they cone with "for free with adds and only shuffle in app", what is that?

Highlighted

Hey there @nicoramajo

Thank you for reaching out about this here in the Community.

When it comes to your phone you can only play tracks in shuffle if you're on our free version. You can pick songs directly from your desktop. Check this support site article out if you'd like to know more about these differences.

We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in the future. 

We're always one reply away if you need us.

Cheers!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland
Highlighted

Casual Listener

You should not suggest that premium users have anything else than shuffle play when using the android app. They simply haven't.

SUGGESTED POSTS