Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are Artists Bios gone?

Why are Artists Bios gone?

I've always used the android app version and recently I've had no artist bio information for any artist in my library. Also no concert information. This is an ongoing issue even after deleting my cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the play store. Are there any hidden features that would keep the info hidden? Or is this the future of Spotify? 

Free account

Same problem on both of my phones. ZTE MaxPro and Samsung Note 5

Screenshot_20180815-190347.png
11 Replies

Hey @Animaleyes.

Try touching the artist name, or picture to see more info about them. The bio should open in a new screen along with more info for each artist.

I hope this helps.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

That is how it normally would work but now that doesn't do anything.
Nothing happens and it's been like this for the last few months.

Hey @Animaleyes.

Thanks for getting back to us. 

That sounds odd. Does the issue persist with every Artist? Also, do you have the same trouble seeing Artist bios if you log out and back in a few times?

Let us know how it goes.

I just took your suggestion too log out and long back in several times
without any result. Yes, all artist pages just list name of artist,
subscribers, and list of songs. No artist bio, no concert listings.

We understand!

Just to confirm, is this happening to a specific artist, or any artist page you go to?

Also, could you send us your exact Spotify version?

Keep us posted.

Version 8.4.66.733

Every single artist that I follow has no bio information or concert info. Just a subscriber count, and a list of songs. 

Version 8.4.66.733

Every single artist that I follow has no bio information or concert info. Just a subscriber count, and a list of songs.

Haven't heard back from anyone 

Hey @Animaleyes.

Sorry for the delay.

I've tested this with a couple of accounts, and as you said, the Bio and other information about the artist can't be accessed on mobile while using Spotify Free.

However, using the desktop app, you can access all this info without any trouble.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

I haven't ever paid for a subscription. Wouldn't it be appropriate to let us know with some kind of notice?

This is not a good thing. This is a major change in service that should have been announced. Others report no change in service and still have the same features.

Otherwise, an update. I so badly want my profile bio information back and was willing to pay for it. No, premium does not give one access to artist info or concerts in the area, I found out the hard way.

I don't want to carry my laptop around so I can use their desktop app.

Suggested posts