Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I rearrange playlist order on phone?

Why can't I rearrange playlist order on phone?

This is simplest functionality any music app should have, the ability to rearrange music in playlists on your phone.

So why is it that I can only do it on the desktop version but not the mobile app?

I also looked around and it appears iPhone users CAN infact do it but Android users cannot? If this is true, then I am immediately unsubbing from premium because that is just ridiculous.

8 Replies

The least you could do is make the desktop version's playlist arrangement reflect on the app version so I can edit them somehow.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It is not currently possible to sort playlists on either iOS or android, it used to be available on iOS but it was removed in the most recent big update. Fingers crossed this is coming soon, you can show your support for this by adding your kudos and comments to this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HI will this also mean we will be able to play or offline lists in random mode.. Or can this be done already?

@deannicholl wrote:

HI will this also mean we will be able to play or offline lists in random mode.. Or can this be done already?

You can already shuffle playback of playlists on all mobile platforms. 

There should be a way to toggle shuffle on/off from the playback screen.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So according to everything I've read as an android user I'm basically SOL if I need to rearrange my playlist. Even from the desk top. This was an issue back in 2013 that ppl had problems with. What's the deal? It's now 2017 and I still don't have the option to rearrange my playlist. The fact that I pay for premium and can't do this simple function pisses me off. It needs to be addressed.

Why can't you reorder playlists using the desktop client?

I tried and it still wouldn't let me

Check the top of your playlist and see of any of the column headings looks like the Artist one below.

Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 6.46.35 PM.png

If it does, click on it a couple of times, and it should go back to normal.

Suggested posts