Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I shuffle play all my downloaded songs??

Why can't I shuffle play all my downloaded songs??

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

VERY limited options playing music in 'My Library' Can't access songs to play them all.

22 Replies

Hey there @gevans7993

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Your offline contents are being downloaded the way they are represented within the Spotify app - by album, playlist or podcast episode. However, the option to download a playlist gives you a broad variety of actions you can perform. 

You can add all the songs you want to listen on shuffle to your Liked songs playlist. Of course, you can always create a separate playlist and name it yourself. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I understand however is it truly a library if you can't just shuffle through your music? Why would Spotify insist we make playlists all the time? There isn't even a select all option for playing all the music you've downloaded in the album category meaning that at best I'd have to listen to one album at a time. Not very efficient especially when driving (not to mention dangerous). I believe this was an old function of Spotify a while ago before I tried Google play music. Super disappointed to see that Spotify seems unable to add new functionality without getting rid of the old functions (like where's the dislike button gone??)

Sorry to piggyback someone else's thread but this came up when i googled how to shuffle all songs in my library...

I mostly use spotify offline so what i've done is downloaded hundreds of albums that i like, which i generally listen to in their entirety before moving on to the next one.

So am i right in thinking that the only way i can shuffle all the songs i've downloaded is to go through each individual song (of which there are thousands) and like them? I don't even want to try and figure out how many hours this would take me to do.

I also donnot think that is a solution. All offline music players have the option "Shuffle All", but Spotify lacks it for some reason.
Everytime I will travel I have to switch to another player with my locally saved musics to use a "Shuffle All".
It is really disappointing.

This answer sucks. How can the most popular music service not have a simple way to shuffle play all downloaded songs? In 2020.

I've been a Spotify user since 2012. This has to be the most annoying change. Why have the option to filter the downloads in your likes and then not be able to play from them entirely? When I try now I get a ton of stuff that's not downloaded that tries to play and obviously can't because, hey how, it's not downloaded. This was only a problem in the last month or so.

Thank god, I thought my app was just slow

Hey there folks,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this in the Community!

We understand where you're coming from and it looks like other people feel the same way. There's an existing idea that you might be interested in - feel free to add your +VOTE to it here to show your support.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help you with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

All the streaming music platforms have a shuffle all songs option, download or not, Spotify should have the same option.  So I am in agreement here with the others. 

he will never understand. That would make Spotify the best music app. But they don't want

I take it since the original post is almost a year old that nobody at Spotify seems to think this is an important issue? I used to love being able to shuffle through all my downloaded songs. I am not going to be forced into creating playlists..I don't have the time or interest to constantly change it when I download new songs. 

Looks like I will take my business to Amazon or Apple.

I also need desperately a predefined list of the downloaded songs separated from the songs I've liked. Moving each song to a list on a mobile phone is a PITB as there's no way to move in bulk. I've downloaded all the mixes playlists and because they change every day I have no way to find my downloaded songs, stupid me! 
I'm switching to youtube music for my offline listening!

Not acceptable solution. Please add capability to be able to play all downloaded songs offline without having to add them to liked list

Hey @robo123,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We invite you to add your +Vote to the idea @Xenia mentioned on this thread. You can also add your +Vote to this idea. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it'll be implemented. 

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

So annoyed they had this feature and then took it away. 

Makes Spotify virtually useless when out of cell service, it keeps stuttering trying to find something to play. 

Why can't I just have a list of all my downloaded liked songs?

Hey @willy_westwood,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

If the songs you want to play offline are already downloaded and part of your Liked Songs playlist - there's a simple way do that. You can open your Liked Songs playlist, open the context menu via the three dot symbol in the upper-right corner of the app and select Filter downloaded songs. This will bring up a list of all your downloaded liked songs.

Hope this helps. The Community is here for you if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That option to filter downloaded songs does not exist in the settings menu for Liked Songs. At least not in the Android app.

It's ridiculous that you can't shuffle all downloaded songs on Spotify. I was ready to renew my Spotify subscription and move on from YouTube Music for good. After discovering this shortcoming, I'm definitely not doing that now.

Hey @chadwick17

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Sorry for the confusion. The Filter downloaded songs feature is still being tested, that's why you might not see it. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features. This means some users might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I googled it. Can't be done on a mobile device. Download the Spotify app on your desktop or laptop. Go to a playlist, CNTRL A should light up all songs. CNTRL C to copy them. Go to a new playlist and CNTRL V to add those songs. Repeat will all playlists. I did this and named the new playlist all. 

Suggested posts