Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do I get notified when a playlist I follow gets new tracks?

Solved!

Why do I get notified when a playlist I follow gets new tracks?

I follow a playlist of a friend.

I have noticed that when this playlist gets new tracks i get a notification on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2).

I  get this notification even when Spotify is not running and I have set Spotify to be offline.

I find it strange that I get notified when Spotify is not running and is set to offline.

Why is this happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Even if the application is not in the foreground itstill retains a 'listener' service which will periodically check for updates and will create a notification.

If you wish to disable these notifications open the Spotify App and select settings. Now scroll down to the section called 'Push Notification'. Select this and turn off any notifications you do not wish to receive.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Even if the application is not in the foreground itstill retains a 'listener' service which will periodically check for updates and will create a notification.

If you wish to disable these notifications open the Spotify App and select settings. Now scroll down to the section called 'Push Notification'. Select this and turn off any notifications you do not wish to receive.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts