Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the max volume so quiet?

Solved!

Why is the max volume so quiet?

The volume is way too low on android, spotify simply won't output a higher volume. Unless you can help me with this problem, I'm seriously considering switching to Deezer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @fred_-_, and everyone else facing this issue,

Thank you all for letting me know about this issue 🙂

For those that may have not tried this already, could I please ask you to unistall the app and then reinstall and try again for the error?

If after trying the reinstall you face the same could I please have the following information:

• Device 
  • Operating System
  • App Version

Thanks!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for all the useful info you've sent over. We really appreciate the patience and are working hard to get this sorted. Before we send the issue over to our tech team, there's just a few bits we need to add to the report. Sorry, it might seem a bit robotic, but I'll list everyone below alongside the information we still need. As soon as we hear back we'll pass it on 🙂 

@fred_-_ Could you let us know the following: 

• When you first noticed the issue
  • If the issue followed an update to your Spotify version
  • If the issue occurs when using speakers, headphones and a bluetooth connection
  • If you've reinstalled the app and restarted your device
  • If you've tried a different device; e.g. logged into some else's phone
  • If you've tried someone else's account on your device

@michmike Could you let us know if you've tried a different device; e.g. logged into some else's phone. If you could also tell if you're able to try someone else's account on your device, that'd be great. 

@zlatan22@Joey389@jdperdomoq@Elsmoocho@IpodsCrash@Joelc86@TupacFR@foelja@ebro365@Thatsbk, @jsmz83, Could you let us know the following:

• When you first noticed the issue
  • If the issue followed an update to your Spotify version
  • If the issue occurs when using speakers, headphones and a bluetooth connection
  • If you've reinstalled the app and restarted your device
  • If you've tried a different device; e.g. logged into some else's phone
  • If you've tried someone else's account on your device
  • If you have already included it, we'll also need your device, operating system, and Spotify version 🙂 

@Sherdog123 Could you let us know if you've tried a different device; e.g. logged into some else's phone. If you could also tell if you're able to try someone else's account on your device, that'd be great. Just to check, does Spotify play at a drastically lower volume than your other apps when using your device's in-built speakers? 

@Palegod Could you let us know if you're able to update you device's operating system? If you could also, fill us in on the above, that'd be perfect.

Thanks again for your time! Fingers crossed we'll get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

All the best,

/L 

View solution in original post

149 Replies

Hey @fred_-_,

Welcome to the forums, and sorry to hear you are having issues wth sound on your device.

Could you take a look at the following link and see if this helps at all:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/spotify-playing-with-no-sound/

Also, could you check if you have the equalizer set to on, on your device also?

Thanks.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add a Like! 

Robert_WRock Star 11

The volume of Spotify on Android has definitely decreased. When I'm in my car listening via Bluetooth I have to push the volume of my car audio to the max, which I didn't have to do before. This way older songs are much too quiet. It is really an issue that should be resolved soon, because indeed it will be a reason to end my subscription, if it lasts too long.

Spotify really needs to resolve this. This is definitely a problem - I always have to max the volume knob in my car and it still does not play 100%. Other apps and CD is fine so I know it is not my device or cars sound system

I thought i was the only one with this issue. Music sounds louder on YouTube. I downloaded a volume booster which helped slightly, but don't think outta fair that i have to do that since inn a premium member. I too am considering switching over to something else.

Not even putting my speakers/earphones at max can solve this. It's very annoying.

The volume is now extremely low. I recently had a party and have a huge Bluetooth speaker and it wasn't very loud at all. It was fine about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have reinstalled and messed with the equalizer with no luck. Please help so I don't have to cancel my family subscription.

Thanks for your reply but it's not a problem with my device, it's a problem with spotify's built-in settings. Only the devs can change it...

@DefaOne

Marked as solution

Hey @fred_-_, and everyone else facing this issue,

Thank you all for letting me know about this issue 🙂

For those that may have not tried this already, could I please ask you to unistall the app and then reinstall and try again for the error?

If after trying the reinstall you face the same could I please have the following information:

• Device 
  • Operating System
  • App Version

Thanks!

Robert_WRock Star 11

Samsung galaxy s6

android 7.0

spotify 8.4.4.810

I've already tried reinstalling

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android 7.0
8.4.4.810 armv7

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime

Android 5.0.2

8.4.3.479 armV7

HTC Droid DNA

Android 4.4.2

8.4.4.810 armV7

Reinstall did not help.

Hey @everyone faccing this issue,

Rest assured I have esculated this to Spotify Moderators and they are currently looking into it.

In order to move forward with troubleshooting please could I have the following information from you all:

1. When did this start happening? 
  2. Did it start happening after a specific event/update? 
  3. Is it happening while using Connect/speakers/headphones? 
  4. What have they tried exactly. 

Thanks to you all in advance 🙂

Robert_WRock Star 11

I noticed it on May 18th or 23rd, 2017... can't remember.

I connect to my cars system via aux cord and I connect via Bluetooth to my Bose, Beats, and Explorer speakers.

I've tried reinstalling the app, messing with the equalizer, different aux cord, restarting my phone.

1. When did this start happening?

I guess it started 2-3 months ago. I noticed I had to turn on the volume to the max with songs I usually didn't have to before and especially older songs/recordings aren't loud enough on maximum volume.

2. Did it start happening after a specific event/update?

Probably after an update of Spotify, but I don't know which one. Let's just say to be on the safe side that in december 2016 the volume was definitely still ok, though even then it could have been louder, but it was acceptable.

3. Is it happening while using Connect/speakers/headphones?

It's happening while using speakers, headphones and Bluetooth. When I listen in my car via Bluetooth, first I have to put the volume of my phone to the max, and then the volume of my car audio way up to have a decent volume, but it's not loud enough on older recordings. I don't use volume normalisation, because it takes away the dynamic, but I tried once to see if the audio became louder, but it didn't.

4. What have they tried exactly.

- Using the equalizer: didn't make it louder.

- Using volume normalisation: no change in volume

- Remove app, clear cache, 'forget' bluetooth connection on my car audio, restart phone, reinstall app, make new bluetooth connection: no change

- Look at settings in car audio, I couldn't make it louder

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the information. I have now  passed this onto the team backstage.

I also need to let you know that, in the cases mentioned the volume is managed by the device and not Spotify. I have however been informed that this is being looked into. 

In the meantime can I suggest rocking the latest version of Spotify and your device's firmware to make sure everything is up to date.

I will update you all just as soon as I can!

Thank you all for your patience on this 🙂

Robert_WRock Star 11

This has been frustrating, especially since looking for solutions brings up post that are years old, so it's obviously been a repeat issue for a long time. Spotify's volume is so low that I have to keep the system volume maxed. This setting is far too loud for all my other apps. I like premium but I'm thinking about ditching, since I can barely hear it on my commute.

I too have this issue, I have an s7 edge and the i have to blast my volume at max with anything I play it through. I've messed with my equalizer and my sound cloud, rhapsody, and Pandora are so loud I could probably blow my cars sound system one 100% on spotify it's like 40% volume of my other apps.

I'm also the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Android ver. 7.0. Not sure if this helps. I've noticed the huge difference in volume using Amazon Prime Music vs Spotify. What seemed to help was to change these settings. Make sure you're connected to whatever device you use to play music. Whether it's the phone itself or Bluetooth Speaker.  Goto ......Settings>Sound and Vibration>Sound Quality and Effects> Adapt Sound (With Bluetooth Speaker Connected) and personalize sound. I wish there was a way to turn thi s off completely on Samsung Devices. Good Luck

adapt sound.jpg

Suggested posts