Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the max volume so quiet?

Solved!

Why is the max volume so quiet?

The volume is way too low on android, spotify simply won't output a higher volume. Unless you can help me with this problem, I'm seriously considering switching to Deezer.

149 Replies

Yeah same problem here on Note 8.im going to cancel our family account as this is not going to be fixed by spotify

You must be listening from a laptop, or desktop because I do not have volume issues for Spotify on those devices. The issue is on mobile devices excluding laptops. I have been having this issue with Spotify for years thinking it was my car audio system. I kept upgrading my system but it had no affect. Then when friends would play music from there devices using other apps, my system sounded significantly loader at a lower volume. 

For a long time, I thought it was my phone, but decided to switch phones. Same issue occurred. Finally, I tried a different app, and to my surprise, my car audio system sounded a whole lot better. This is not just a volume issue,  its a quality issue as well. From these comments alone, the staff at Spotify has more than enough information to fix this issue. Nothing will change unless we all come together as customers and start a movement.

We can set a date for when we expect this issue to be resolved, and if not, we all unsubscribe and put our money into another app. Tell everyone to stop using the app because they also rely on ads for profit. Let's make a movement. Post on Facebook, Twitter,  Instagram. Tell family and friends that if Spotify does not fix this issue by the end of this year, this app will die. Uninstall for good on all devices and invest your money in making another app much better. 

We tried contacting Spotify and notifying them of this issue, and nothing has been done,  so we got to let them know we're serious as customers. We gotta hurt them in their wallets in order to be heard.  

Having the exact same issue with iPhone SE, listening to Noel Gallagher’s new single on YouTube; extremely good quality, high responsive bass and treble using my AKG headphones, when I went straight over to Spotify to listen to the exact same song very noticeably lower volume, less bass and treble from the app I pay for than the free site! I hope that this issue is fixed soon Spotify. 

Richy McK 

Chrome

Chrome

Webbrowser

Don't know what happened.

Please help - Metal just doesn't sound the same when the musicians can only whisper.

I can use a dozen other music players on my phone, and the volume is fine, Spotify is like 20db quieter. I can't believe this isn't resolved yet. 

I'm having the same issue as just about everyone else on this thread. I've noticed it for years and just thought it was my phones until I started using other music apps. I've had the issue on my Samsung note 3, Nexus 6, Moto G5 plus, and now my Pixel 2 XL. If it wasn't for years worth of playlists and preferences, I'd have jumped ship for one of the other equity capable services out there... This seems a bit too common... Please fix it?

It's almost December 2017 and it's still too quiet. ::: sonic the hedgehog foot tap :::

I've switched. Spotify quality is not anything special and this issue is a deal breaker. Suck it Spotify and screw anyone making excuses for them you bunch of retarded sheep

This hasn't fixed my issue with the sound I still have to max my volume to hear it some what loud. Very fusterating seeing I'm paying for a family plan

This has been an issue for at least a year if not longer.  Cancelled my subscription and went to Apple Music.  I miss the weekly playlists though.  They clearly don't care.

I did not expect to receive so many replies. This is obviously a very wide spread problem. Spotify seems to not give a **bleep** about us. I have stopped paying them two months ago. I repeatedly sent them emails, and all they could do was send me the same automated answer 3 times in a row, asking a bunch of useless questions about my phone, when the problem is in their app.

Anyway, in a nutshell... There is a huge problem that stops us being able to listen to music, and after complaining multiple times they did not help me at all, and it seems many other people have also complained. They simply cannot get bothered to fix the problem, their customer service is absolutely **bleep**. This has been going on for ages and ages.

I advise you all to do the same as me, just stop using Spotify. It seems as though Spotify doesn't even want us to use Spotify... I'm honestly disgusted at such **bleep**ty customer service 

Same problem here. Spotify sounds muffled using Android app.

Sony XA

Android 7.0

Spotify (Most recent version)

Running bluetooth/aptx to AudioPro T14

Other apps working fine. Currently national radio app = Nice sound. Spotify = stupid sound.

Tried Spofify from my macmini via optical cable = nice sound.

Apparently this has been going on for at least 3 years. I do not beleive that Spotify is capable of solving the problem.

Reinstall and still quiet on our Samsung note 8, s8, iphone 6 and 8plus. So apparently it's a wide problem

Galaxy S7, I've been having the same problem for a while. I've been a Premium member for over a year, but given how little Spotify gives a **bleep** about their customer base, I think I'll stick to just pirating my music again.

I've had the same problem since I started using Spotify (2 years ago) and tried Google play music. I also noticed that when you play songs from the local files, the volume is considerably higher than the songs from Spotify itself. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem but it's sad to see that after so many feedback from the users, Spotify hasn't done anything..

Yea I'm on the verge of canceling my premium and going back to Google music

Tried connecting to aux out and the max volume is soooooo quiet. Someone else with iPhone and Spotify and the max volume is great. Spotify,  fix this problem or I'll be another one cancelling my subscription and going somewhere else

Same here on pc app. Tidal booms louder. Just strange!

Same here accross all platforms... SORT IT OUT SPOTIFY!!

Mate, you need to get into politics. This is clearly a problem that should have been "passed onto the techs" a very long time ago. 

I'm slightly comforted that I'm not alone with this problem. But equally dismayed nothing has been done to fix the problem. 

I run spotify from my Android device (all firmware and app versions up to date) via aux 3.5mm input to a premium Harmon kardon sound system in my car and with the volume at Max it's nowhere near loud enough.  Conversely with the same system running my ipod with 192kb music the volume only has to be at 50% for bone rattling volume.

Not good enough spotify. This is a paid service, I would hate to think what's the artists would say with their content being delivered in such a lacklustre manner.

Love some movement here otherwise it's time to go..

Suggested posts