Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the max volume so quiet?

Solved!

Why is the max volume so quiet?

The volume is way too low on android, spotify simply won't output a higher volume. Unless you can help me with this problem, I'm seriously considering switching to Deezer.

149 Replies

It's not really about Spotify. 

I also have Tidal, both same very quiet even at Max volume. 

Then I decide to try at IOS device, booommm, that sound amazed me. 

So.... I'm not really sure. 

Android = OPPO F5 

IOS = IPHONE 6

1 more think, for sound quality I choose Spotify. 

Try with iOS device, then u will know why. 

Nah nah nah, it's an issue on android, no one will switch phone when they could just switch app for an instant fix, I am about to ditch Spotify myself.. it doesn't have enough kick

Up to u bruh... 

Just tell the truth. 

SoundCloud & local works well again android but not Spotify & Tidal. 

Both I try with same headphones. 

Play spotify through ps4 works as charm as well. 

Latest update. 

Going back to Apple Music, because works well with both platform 

EDIT: this was supposed to have quoted an earlier message about not needing music louder and protecing ear drums...

That's not the point. For me, Spotify is a good 40% quieter than everything else in my car; I don't necessarily want the music louder, I want the app to the be the same as everything else so I don't deafen or **bleep** myself when a traffic alert pops on or if I switch to another source.

Hi . I listened to Metallica last night on USB stick through stereo with headphones.  I didn't use Spotify. I love Spotify but I need "decibels" when I listen to metal. That goes for Megadeth also !

Ok, work in progress I hope. It's bad for business when volume is an issue. Spotify rocks !

I've managed to boost spotify a bit in my car via bluetooth by using RE EQ, an eqauliser app. It's bad practice but I've boosted the input gain by about 6dB and have adjusted the EQ curve slightly to lower the middle tones, as my car only has bass and treble control.  

Not ideal, but it works so far.  I use Klisch X10 IEMs and spotify at 50% even without the RE EQ app is still more than loud enough so it seems that spotify via bluetooth is the issues for me.

Hi, I am using Pixel 2 XL with latest Jan security update (Android 8.1.1). When I use the WH1000XM2 via bluetooth (LDAC):

1. The volume is much lower than Google Play Music and other apps even though I have disabled "Normalize Volume" and I am not using any EQs. Tracks are downloaded at Extreme Quality.

2. Skipping forward and backward for tracks does not work for Spotify but does work everywhere else.

Can you please help me Spotify?

I thought it was just me too. I have been experience this since I’ve had spotify. And it’s been years. Apple Music always sounded louder in my car, my iPhone. I figured the issue was the spotify app and this forum just confirmed that. I just started that 3 months free trial with Apple music once I realized they were about the same price and I think I might switch up. It **bleep** because I actually enjoy spotify since it’s easier to use and offers a lot more I think. But that low volume thing kills it for me. I feel like I’m missing out on Music quality because of it.

I’m trying not to leave Spotify, but Apple Music is SO MUCH louder. What’s up with this?! And the settings for music (besides the EQ) doesn’t change much at all for sound quality & volume. I expect much more Spotify.

I moved to Deezer lossless as Spotufy are over a year on amd nowhere, the volume on Spotify is also lower - so worse quality and not as loud = rubbish.

Feb 2018 and this is still an issue. 

Spotify's volume is much too quiet on my Android phone.

Such a buzz kill.

I'll be grooving out to music on Google Play Music, then switch to Spotify, and it's at least 25% quieter.

It is a real bummer.

I have premium on both services and will likely be cancelling Spotify soon because the audio volume and is much worse.

Focus less on your UI and more on audio quality.

Hey this actually worked quite well for me. Noticable improvement in volume. Still a poor show from Spotify though. Just listened to a Grohl/Homme/Reznor jam on Youtube and the sound quality was superb. Then back to Spotify...totally lacking still. 

Come on, Spotify. What the **bleep**? I'm paying a tenner a month for this. Not for long. Off to see what the other streaming apps are like.

Phone: Moto G5 plus

App version: 8.4.39.673

Having the same issue. When I first start music, the volume is as loud as it should be (as loud as the other apps I use) but only for 1-2 seconds before it drops to maybe 60%. I know it has to be an app issue, because I use several audio apps without problems. I have tried all suggested fixes .

It's Spotify. I just deleted the cache/data in the settings, deleted the app, reinstalled it and saw a new feature in the settings tied to "Normalize volume". If it turn it on, underneath you can now chose the volume level and set it to "High". I will be testing this but in my case putting the streaming quality to High/Extreme fixed it. I had Download to Extreme but my streaming was on Normal.

I have done this, and have an iphone 10, and ipad mini.  I am a P.E. teacher, and cannot play the music over the loudspeaker - which is a huge reason I have it. About to cancel.

Why is this still an issue? For those who have left, where did you go? I'm definitely switching services until this issue is resolved.

Any update on this?

I just got a new bmw and the spotify sound volume is very low. I have to turn it up to max on phone and the car to get decent sound which still is quite low. I see its coming up to a year on this and still no improvements and no progress.

Nope, I've switched services until this is resolved.

Suggested posts