Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the max volume so quiet?

Solved!

Why is the max volume so quiet?

The volume is way too low on android, spotify simply won't output a higher volume. Unless you can help me with this problem, I'm seriously considering switching to Deezer.

149 Replies

I had the same problem when listening to music  in my car using  Spotify it was so low compared to deezer but This worked for me...

Try going in to settings and unticking NORMALIZE VOLUME

Please let me know if it works for you

Change apps. I've been trolling the internet for a month looking for a solution to this in addition to volume spike issues and why my second to loudest volume setting is too quiet while max is loud enough to make my ears bleed.

Thread after thread discussing these issues closed due to "old age" with ZERO response from support other then requests to post system specs and nothing afterward.

I'm talking 5+ year old threads from this site with this issue and my only logical response is to assume they simply do not care. At all. I was about to root my phone to try and solve it as I love the interface and have a large playlist and assumed it would be an easy fix until a work friend made mention he had the same issues, same code of silence from Spotify and switched apps as I did tonight and......PROBLEMS GONE!!!!

I even have a better over all volume slider, no more second to max volume being way to quiet and max being way to loud which I assumed was my cell.

These guys don't care, seriously, 5+ year issues reported again and again and again with zero comment or resolution. Just switch apps.

NORMALIZE VOLUME setting worked for me! Turn it OFF

Also having this issue on my Android head unit in my car, with Spotify installed directly on it (rather than streaming over bluetooth). Spotify is about half the volume of any other source (FM radio, internet radio, DAB, Poweramp etc). It's really frustrating, and leads to frequent moments where I jump out of my skin if the phone rings or if I change input source without remembering to first halve the volume!

All possible settings (EQ, normalisation settings etc) are switched off, so I should be just getting a straight signal out of Spotify.

Please fix this, otherwise Spotify is pretty much unusable for in car use.

I have the same problem. I logged out and logged back in. Bought a new phone and downloaded Spotify again, etc.  Very frustrating.

Apple X

iOS 11.4.1

Thanks Tony

This trick worked for me. I experience this problem since two weeks ago (jul 2018) and today applied the uncheck "Normalize" option and now everything works fine again. Thanks. 

So I've tried Google Play Music and it didnt seem much different as opposed to Spotify Premium in sound volume. I am really confused.

Well, upon searching endlessly on Google for this issue. I discovered that purchasing Spotify Premium 'unlocked' the louder play volume. It then matched iTunes when I played the same song on my Mac.

Not true for me. I had premium and the issue was there. All of this "change
X or Y in settings" did not work for me. Nothing worked. The only solution
so far is to use a different streaming service

Unticking Normalize in the settings worked for me.

You have to restart the track or re-open the app to hear results.

(Vauxhall Intellilink, 18' Reg)

Suggested posts