Why is the max volume so quiet?

Solved!

Re: Why is the max volume so quiet?

breezy1117
Casual Listener

I’m trying not to leave Spotify, but Apple Music is SO MUCH louder. What’s up with this?! And the settings for music (besides the EQ) doesn’t change much at all for sound quality & volume. I expect much more Spotify.

naheedsaddique
Music Fan

I moved to Deezer lossless as Spotufy are over a year on amd nowhere, the volume on Spotify is also lower - so worse quality and not as loud = rubbish.

JR_TheBISH

Feb 2018 and this is still an issue. 

Spotify's volume is much too quiet on my Android phone.

Such a buzz kill.

I'll be grooving out to music on Google Play Music, then switch to Spotify, and it's at least 25% quieter.

It is a real bummer.

I have premium on both services and will likely be cancelling Spotify soon because the audio volume and is much worse.

Focus less on your UI and more on audio quality.

Cmac669
Casual Listener

Hey this actually worked quite well for me. Noticable improvement in volume. Still a poor show from Spotify though. Just listened to a Grohl/Homme/Reznor jam on Youtube and the sound quality was superb. Then back to Spotify...totally lacking still. 

Come on, Spotify. What the **bleep**? I'm paying a tenner a month for this. Not for long. Off to see what the other streaming apps are like.

Phone: Moto G5 plus

App version: 8.4.39.673

Having the same issue. When I first start music, the volume is as loud as it should be (as loud as the other apps I use) but only for 1-2 seconds before it drops to maybe 60%. I know it has to be an app issue, because I use several audio apps without problems. I have tried all suggested fixes .

ice_kold_killa
Casual Listener

It's Spotify. I just deleted the cache/data in the settings, deleted the app, reinstalled it and saw a new feature in the settings tied to "Normalize volume". If it turn it on, underneath you can now chose the volume level and set it to "High". I will be testing this but in my case putting the streaming quality to High/Extreme fixed it. I had Download to Extreme but my streaming was on Normal.

aleahjz

I have done this, and have an iphone 10, and ipad mini.  I am a P.E. teacher, and cannot play the music over the loudspeaker - which is a huge reason I have it. About to cancel.

Esvalencia16
Casual Listener

Why is this still an issue? For those who have left, where did you go? I'm definitely switching services until this issue is resolved.

Erby
Casual Listener

Any update on this?

I just got a new bmw and the spotify sound volume is very low. I have to turn it up to max on phone and the car to get decent sound which still is quite low. I see its coming up to a year on this and still no improvements and no progress.

Esvalencia16
Casual Listener
Nope, I've switched services until this is resolved.
SUGGESTED POSTS