Why is the max volume so quiet?

Solved!

Re: Why is the max volume so quiet?

MichaelGarcia

Just disable "Normalize Volume" and restart the app.

Michael G 

Evil-Caprino
Casual Listener

Same problem here.

No fix yet?!

user-removed
Not applicable

Despite Spotify's several canned responses, it wasn't Normalizing the volume, it wasn't the Crossfade, it wasn't the Download/Streaming quality setting, and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. 

It was the Equalizer.

My old phone - Samsung Galaxy S7 - had not only an Equalizer, but also the "Customized Audio", which is evidently a Samsung-only product. Which I thought was great, btw! I wish Spotify would license that, or that Android would. My Pixel 2 XL only had a basic Equalizer, which I immediately activated and customized to my preferred settings. When I turned it off, the volume went back to as loud as I wanted it to be; when I turned it on, it immediately dropped by about 20% and sounded overall muted. Which is why other music services didn't have the same problem. 

I can live without the Equalizer, but I'm thinking of downloading one since there are several out there that are supposed to be very good. Of course the problem may recur, so I'll decide then. 

Does anyone have a third-party Equalizer app they would recommend?

tenarkin
Casual Listener

I just took the suggestion of setting 'Normalize Volume' to off and made sure streaming was set to 'Extreme Quality', then restarted and it seems to have worked.  After making those changes, I compared the volume with Amazon Music and local files on the phone and it seems fine.  I'll continue validate, thanks for the suggestion.

KKoziol

Also having the same issue!

Joe_the_Rand
Casual Listener

No eq, no normalization, best quality, .... Volume still low I had to max out both the phone and my HK Omni 10. Is this Android **bleep** or Spotify?

Joe_the_Rand
Casual Listener

This was now because Bluetooth. I unpaired all devices, cleansed some cache and voila neighbors happy again. Solved for me. 

JB22
Regular

Check more songs, seems to easy

bb6370a7a6c6643ed2474704e62cf02e.jpg

mpelley
Casual Listener

I looked up on Google "spotify low volume" and got to this thread.

The option in the advanced prefrences "set the same volume level for all songs" does absolutely nothing. I notice no difference in volume level except for the fact that it is VERY quiet. I'm not sure if this was a problem before, as I've only recently noticed it.

It's obvious that EVERYONE is experiencing the same issues. Seems the developers are trying to give us the runaround by asking operating system, device, etc...etc...

I am subscribed to premium, love the sound quality, and the syncing ability between PC, Android and Chromecast.

However seeing how obvious it is that Spotify does nothing to help it's customers, is very disappointing.

I'm about to download TIDAL and start a free trial. Hoping it's better than Spotify.

To Spotify: You will end up losing customers over your inability to simply reply to them even to say "we are looking into it, be patient". By being silent you only reinforce the opinion of people that you do not care what they think or what their issues are.

Good luck everyone.

RoadmanJM

Can confirm I've canceled spotify premium today and made the switch to apple music, fixed the 'volume problem' immediately!!

Shame really as everything else about Spotify is fautless ime

Also had a lot of friends do the same since they've recently all got Samsung S8 and this seems to be an android problem, everybody is jumping off the iphone boat and running into this problem

SUGGESTED POSTS