Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why the **bleep** Spotify Premium keeps DELETING thousand of offline songs on my 2 offline devices?

Why the **bleep** Spotify Premium keeps DELETING thousand of offline songs on my 2 offline devices?

Well, this is getting beyond annoying:

I have spotify premium, regular payments, etc etc...

I have 2 offline-enabled devices with a lot of offline music downloaded (a samsung galaxy S7 and a samsung galaxy tab s2)
Every other day or so I find a number (a MASSIVE number) of offline playlists / songs DELETED with ABSOLUTELY NO REASON from BOTH my devices. And when I say a MASSIVE number I mean like 1500 songs missing. I live in a rural area with a slow internet connection and re-downloading 3000 songs (1500 for each of the two devices) is a royal pain in the **bleep**.
Why is it behaving this way?

3 Replies

Hey @PorcoDioMerda, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Could you first try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If this doesn't work, we can try a few other things.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Well, already tried that and it did not help.
Please have a look at this thread, the issue has been going on for years and it's affecting also IOS users. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Why-do-I-always-have-to-re-download-my-playlist/m-p/1658270...

@PorcoDioMerda,

Could you try clearing your offline devices here and then re-adding them?

Also, are you by chance using a cache-clearing app? If so, deactivating it for Spotify may solve the issue.

If none of this helps, can you let me know your device and OS versions, along with the exact version of your Spotify application?

Suggested posts