Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will a downloaded song ever use data on my phone?

Solved!

Will a downloaded song ever use data on my phone?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I didn't think anything else fit, and I have an Android phone. Data usage is a major concern for me, so I like to save my albums when at all possible so when I don't have WiFi, it won't eat up my data. As long as I've saved an album (not just favorited it but downloaded it), will that album ever stream, or will it always just playback from the saved file on my phone, even if I'm not in offline mode?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to community.

If you downloaded tracks for listening it offline spotify will not use mobile data while you listen them. But spotify will use some mobile data for notifications. To be fully offline please choose this option in settings.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

If you downloaded tracks for listening it offline spotify will not use mobile data while you listen them. But spotify will use some mobile data for notifications. To be fully offline please choose this option in settings.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

@atom1989 wrote:

I'm sorry, but for clarification, you use the term "offline spotify"  does this refer to spotify after it has been placed in 'offline mode'?  I think it is important to address the question.  I believe it is fair to say that the OP understands the concept of 'offline mode'.  The question is, when NOT in offline mode, will the device still stream music even if it is downloaded.  For example, if the quality of downloaded music is set to low, but the quality for streaming is set to 'Extreme quality', will the device prioritize streaming when there is a sufficient mobile network present even if the song is downloaded (again while NOT put in 'offline mode')

Thanks for your clarification! 

I've tried to find the answer to this everywhere, this is why I'm hesitant to download music I want it to stream at extreme quality rather than normal. Can anyone answer this question?

Bump anyone please help

Suggested posts