Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will turning playlist download toggle to off remove songs from the phone?

Solved!

Will turning playlist download toggle to off remove songs from the phone?

Hi, will turning playlist download toggle to off remove songs from the phone thus freeing up storage?

Thanks.

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not really sure.

But for you to clean up storage, you can go to Apps>Look for Spotify>Clear Data
That will delete all the downloaded songs you have on your app.

However, you can't cherry pick what to delete or not.

Note: You can toggle the download button off on the playlists that you don't like, then Clear data the Spotify application. That way the only playlist that's going to be re-downloaded are the songs you wanted to.

Hope that helps! Peace man.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm not really sure.

But for you to clean up storage, you can go to Apps>Look for Spotify>Clear Data
That will delete all the downloaded songs you have on your app.

However, you can't cherry pick what to delete or not.

Note: You can toggle the download button off on the playlists that you don't like, then Clear data the Spotify application. That way the only playlist that's going to be re-downloaded are the songs you wanted to.

Hope that helps! Peace man.

Sounds like a plan. I guess we'll have to make do with this for now.

I just don't get why Spotify is so restrictive. I'm pretty sure providing a way for users to remove songs individually to clear up storage won't be that difficult for a 6 billion dollar company with an armada of software engineers.

Another very annoying and a very easy to solve issue is we can't look for songs by artist. The only workaround is to search for that artist and click "See all songs" and pray your artist doesn't share a same name with another artist otherwise the songs would be all mixed up.

Anyways, thanks for the solution!

Hi,

I've tested it. The toggling between "download" and "undownload" of the playlist will not alter storage space.

Toggling it to "undownload" from "downloaded" will not clear up storage.

And then toggling it back to "download" from "undownloaded" will not add to storage.

I guess the only way to clear up storage is to "undownload" and then go to the Android phone's Settings > Apps > Storage and then "Clear Data" like you suggested. But the major drawback is you can't selectively remove individual songs. Everything has to go like you mentioned.

Thanks again.

Suggested posts