Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wireless Sync from Android to PC not working

Wireless Sync from Android to PC not working

Hello,

Since the last update, I have not been able to sync wirelessly (via Wifi from PC to Android), so that I can sync my local tracks.

Enabling the wifi on my phone, my device does not show up on the desktop (windows 7, ethernet) client. This used to work prior to this update.

Any ideas?

4 Replies

@cybermaniac wrote:

Hello,

Since the last update, I have not been able to sync wirelessly (via Wifi from PC to Android), so that I can sync my local tracks.

Enabling the wifi on my phone, my device does not show up on the desktop (windows 7, ethernet) client. This used to work prior to this update.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Have you tried disabling your firewall/antivirus temporarily? I found mine (Kaspersky antivirus) blocks the 2 from connecting. Make sure Spotify is not in offline mode.

Try a quick clean reinstall if it still doesn't work.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

No software firewall installed, but I shall give the good ol' uninstall and reinstall a try.

@cybermaniac wrote:

Hello,

Any ideas?

Try restarting your phone.

I have had this problem now and again even before this latest update. When it gets itself into this state where the desktop client refuses to recognise the phone, the only way I have found to fix it is with a reboot of the phone.

Unfortunately no go on reinstalling desktop (or Android) app, and restart of phone unfortunately didn't help.

Turned off AV temporarily as well, but still nada unfortunately

Suggested posts