Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't connect to radio app

Won't connect to radio app

After my app updated to the most recent version today it stopped connecting to my radios spotify app. I have a Kenwood DDX595. On the Spotify app it shows "disconnected" and it has no controls or song info. I have a Galaxy S8. I've tried many reboots, app reinstalls, radio firmware updates with no success. My app version is 8.4.80.793

14 Replies

I have a Pioneer AVH-X490DAB head unit about a year old which includes the Spotify app. This worked fine on my Galaxy S7 until a couple of months ago, but now the Spotify app will no longer connect to my phone.

The Pioneer Bluetooth finds my phone, I can stream music over basic Bluetooth and handsfree works fine - but even thought I can still stream Spotify audio I have no access to the dedicated features through the head unit (such as playlists etc).

When I open the Spotify app on the head unit and try to connect to my phone, the head unit flags up a says "Connection Failed" message. My S7 is running Android 8 and the Pioneer is running stock firmware - there are no updates available. I suspect that the problem occurred shortly after the phone got an Android OTA update - could this be related?

Possibly? Mine didn't seem like it could be because it worked fine after multiple OTA security updates. Worked fine on my 6 hour road trip till it updated. The app updated today too but it didnt fix anything. Maybe it'll fix itself when I pickup my new phone tomorrow. Pretty big bummer if I can't figure it out or it does the same thing. 

Update, fixed it by using an old apk. Ver. 8.4.79.612 works for me. So the newest versions are broken. Thanks Spotify.

OK thanks, I'll see if I can find the apk and try that.

Because you said yours was months ago you could try to find versions around that time. Maybe those would work. 

Purchased a new Kenwood DMX7705 car radio primarily for the Spotify integration, same issue. Semi glad to see it's not just me. Following.

Same here kenwood dmx 8018s samsung s8. Tried apple ipod and iphone connects straight away.

If you use old version it works. Use one from July and will be fine.

Thanks Rawrso that APK worked for me too after a bit of messing around, so it does seem that the BT/Head unit functionality in the later Spotify APKs is broken on Android. I've switched off auto-update in Google Play store just to be on the safe side.

Come on Spotify - when can we have a fix for this please!?

The APK version was mentioned previously by Rawrso but to clarify, I installed V8.4.79.612 of the Spotify APK from here:

https://android-apk.org/com.spotify.music/41675939-spotify-free-music-streaming/

Hope this helps.

Other than trying work arounds....which should never be the case, hoping Spotify will fix this issue. I just purchased the 7705s to have android auto and the selling point was the native Spotify app. How about Spotify work on a solution instead of end users coming up with a temporary fix. Not sure who actually sees this

Will probably have to actually contact spotify directly. I know they have some reps on here but I assume it won't get much attention unless this post gets more users with the same issue.

Pandora does not have this issue and I don't even pay for Pandora. Maybe I should I guess. Having the family plan with Spotify doesn't seem to get me anywhere 🙂

Pandora is just fine

20181219_164323.jpg

Suggested posts