Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't download all songs on SGS II

Won't download all songs on SGS II

I got a galaxy s II with a 64gb sd card. I have the app installed on my sd card. I have roughly 7gb free but it won't download all my songs in my playlist. I have over 900 songs in it and it has got to around 77% but won't download anymore. Why is this because there is plenty of free space for it to be downloaded.

17 Replies

Chrisg4u - I've just moved a few things about in your account, could you try again?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm having a similar problem. It just seemed to stop downloading playlists all of a sudden. I did a complete re-install, deleted com.spotify etc, and after redownloading 90% of my playlists it's stopped again. It's definitely not a space issue.

It seems to be downloading again. I will post again if it stops. Hopefully it will all download.

I'm having the same problem and also have enough space. Some tracks, inexplicably don't have the green downloaded symbol next to them even though the whole playlist is set to download and lots of other tracks have the symbol next to them. All seems a little bit inconsistent and buggy. £10 per month is a lot for something that always seems to have one problem or another.

I still have the issue. When I go onto the playlist it says dowbloading 76%. There is plenty of room for it to download as there is around 8gb free.

Mine doesn't say it is still downloading or say the progress of the download it just doesn't have the green symbol next to the track, won't play offline (made the playlist incredibly annoying during a half marathon I ran yesterday!) but also, because it is in a playlist that is set to "download" anyway, it doesn't have the option to download individual tracks in there that are not downloaded. I'm sure it was working before as I have built up the playlist over  the last few months, but added a lot of tracks recently before my race and unbeknownst to me they hadn't downloaded. I thought my headphones were broken at the start of the race!!

Let's hope they can sort it out soon. When it works like it is supposed to, it is an unrivalled music experience and worth every penny of the £9.99 a month. When it's not working, it's annoying and they should be paying me for screwing up my run that I've trained so hard for! It's hard to run when you're grumpy!

I have the same issue as you. But when I listen to the playlist at college when connected to wifi. If it plays a song it hasn't downloaded. After the song has finished I have the green tick so I can play it offline. 

Hi All,

I have the same problem on xperia ray.

Problem started when I upgraded to ICS

I have uninstalled it, restarted my phone then reinstalled the spotify app

Prob still exists and im stuck on 92% download completion

Is there a fix for this issue?

I got the same problem on my HTC Desire HD. One of my playlists downloaded 100%, but the other ones won't download (one of them is stuck at 8%). Help me, please!

I have a similar problem on iPhone 4 (ios 5). Mine doesn't seem as bad but I'm currently backpacking in Australia where data costs are ridiculous. So I dare not delete the app as I'm worried I will lose everything. 

Each app update seems to delete a few more songs. I would like to keep the service going but I can't see the value in £120 per year (which is way more than I would spend without Spotify) if the app will not work correctly.

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (Jelly Bean). I have marked specific playlists to download. In the playlist view, I see them with a green icon and no percentage is shown to be undownloaded. Still, when I open a specific playlist, about half of the 83 songs are NOT downloaded and there's nothing I can do about it, it simply seems to have stopped and has marked the playlist with a green icon anyway. I second those users who ask for a flawlessly working download feature and I add that I expect spotify support to be more active here in the forum and to tell users what to expect and what not - if this problem is known and soon to be fixed, or if it's just something that doesn't bother you as long as we pay the fee for your service. Please let me know as soon as possible - within days would be a normal time frame - as I'm not going to stay a Premium customer if a. the service/app doesn't work as expected and b. there's almost no reaction from support staff about it. Sorry if these words were hard, but it's the second time I stumble upon something that doesn't work and that is reported by several users WITHOUT any meaningful and helpful feedback from support/developers.

Considering the fact that the last messages to this topic were posted in 2012, I can just imagine that the problem has been fixed and that I'm the only person on earth still facing it, OR that it hasn't been fixed for MONTHS and that most users just don't bother/don't notice that some of their playlists aren't fully downloaded. In either case I'm not happy with a 1/2 downloaded PL ! Sorry to say that, but if you sell a certain product, it should be complete and working well as much as you should interact with your paying customers.

Someone seems to have found a solution for a very similar (or the same?) issue on iOS devices. But how could this solution help Android users? And: why couldn't Spotify support provide solutions, instead of users having to find out themselves by trial and error? See here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Offline-playlist-some-songs-won-t-sy... To Spotify support: Would you mind translating the solution for Android users, at least? Thanks in advance!!!

I've just noticed that when playing a playlist marked as fully downloaded by a green icon but where several songs weren't downloaded, the playback doesn't just "jump" from a downloaded song to the next one, passing over not downloaded ones, but does SEEM to play a song that isn't there, which means that 1. I see the button on the "timeline" advance as if a song were played and 2. I hear NOTHING for as long as the not downloaded songs last.

This is VERY annoying and even if you don't bother, I'm telling you that if there isn't some kind of feedback soon, I will quit Spotify for good (so far I've switched between free and Premium user, most of the time being a Premium user) and pass the word about these problems and about this support.

Again - I find it unacceptable that there hasn't been any "official" response to this thread in MONTHS !

After flipping through a few more (almost unattended) threads and giving some more thought to the fact that certain important issues seem to have been IGNORED for months, I have little hope that there will be any constructive answer within days.

That's why I have just cancelled my subscription (with no turning back this time!) and I'll certainly deliver the publicity that Spotify and its support deserve.

I'll look for an alternative service or simply put my music on SD card as I did before - it might be much less music than I'd have with Spotify, but at least I can choose where I save it and how much and I won't have surprises regarding files/playlists that haven't been completely "downloaded" (= saved).

Good bye Spotify,

Good luck to all the users who are looking for support or some kind of answer!

Last thing I forgot to say:

After having upgraded Spotify from an older version that let me choose where to save downloaded files to and after uninstalling everything, I am left with about 400 MB of space on my SD card obviously lost due to playlist downloads to the SD card (I haven't downloaded anything else lately). This leads me to the conclusion that after uninstalling Spotify, these files didn't get deleted and as all the files seem to be "hidden" somehow, I can't delete them myself either.

This means that my external memory has presumably just been decreased by approx. 400MB due to improper uninstall of Spotify.

Again - THANKS !

Edit: Thanks to a user's suggestion, I've found the files cached on my SD card using ES Explorer and was able to delete them.

Just a few thoughts:

Assuming that I'm a user running an old version of Spotify that lets me save to SD and that I'm now upgrading to the newest version, I

- lose the ability to save to SD and am restricted to a relatively confined internal space (depending on phone model)

- probably won't be able to delete the files that were saved to SD automatically by unselecting playlists to download or by uninstalling Spotify. I would have to search for the files and manually delete them.

It seems to me that both the improper deletion of files saved to SD as well as the incomplete download of playlists (although showing a green icon indicating a completed download) are related to the fact that I used a workaround (installing older version, setting up SD card as download storage, updating to newest version) in order to save to SD.

Some might argue that this workaround isn't intended by Spotify and therefore any negative results would occur at my own risk/fault.

I would object that a user who still has that old version (that enables saving to SD) and who simply has never upgraded since then would face the same problems when upgrading to the newest version.

My bottom line is that the restriction to save to a relatively small storage isn't justified, not even by the goal to prevent misuse of the downloaded files. And support in this forum simply seems to be almost vacant, at least in some threads there seems to be almost no progress/interaction.

I have a similar issue, MOST of my playlists are downloaded but not all 100%, and the ones that aren't fully downloade just say "waiting to download" forever, sometimes it starts dowloading then stops almost instantly! this is really f*ing annoying, FIX IT!! I hav a Sony Xperia V fully updated and plenty of space on my SD card

Suggested posts