Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't download when connected to wifi

Won't download when connected to wifi

Hi I cannot download songs when connected to wifi. It displays the message "go to settings to download using cellular" I am definitely wifi connected and have experimented with turning the cellular download option on and off and turning mobile data on and off, neither chsnges anything. If I completely remove the app and reinstall it works briefly. Sometimes a log in and log out will do it. Surely this is not the norm?
Also if I go to all songs and swipe download to off mode, and then back to on many songs loose the green download indicator, and can't be downloaded again until the app is re-installed.
Screenshot_20170530-065809.png
Screenshot_20170529-124828.png
23 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm in Spain. It says Spain. What should we do?

Try turning off cellular, close spotify then go to spotify in your cellphone program settings and force stop the program so it doesn't run in the background. Now that you have shut spotify completely down you can re-open spotify and it should work. Worked for me at least. 

The best way is usually to turn the program that is having problems on and off. And closing the application with your home button is not shutting it down completely when it comes to cellphones in some cases.

Hope this helps you too.

Man, that worked like a charm. Thank you! 

workaround, not a fix. 

But thanks for the tip 🙂

Suggested posts